Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Help With Granatelli 200 Mph Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help With Granatelli 200 Mph Gauges

I HAVE A 98 CAMARO LS1 AND I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE GRANATELLI 200MPH GAUGES AND SENT THEM MY CLUSTER TO HAVE IT CALIBRATED IT CAME BACK AND EVERY GAUGE WORKED FINE EXCEPT FOR THE SPEEDO EVERY FEW SECONDS IT WILL BEGIN TO TWICTH AND JUMP UP LIKE 20MPH
EVEN AT IDLE I HAVE MADE GRANATELLI AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND IVE SENT MY CLUSTER BACK 2 TIMES NOW AND STILL THE SAME THING KEEPS HAPPENING IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA OF WHAT MIGHT BE CAUSING THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW
Old 03-02-2005, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

hey that same problem happend to my friend the speed didnt work it would only jump up to 20 or 30 mph he sent it back in, he had to pay for shipping, and to ship it back and i think he had to pay some more charges too.it was the same day he got it that it was all screwed up..he paid like five hunderd the first time around and then like a couple more hunder freakin rip off, hes got like too much money ona 200 mhp gage
Old 03-02-2005, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1POWER98
hey that same problem happend to my friend the speed didnt work it would only jump up to 20 or 30 mph he sent it back in, he had to pay for shipping, and to ship it back and i think he had to pay some more charges too.it was the same day he got it that it was all screwed up..he paid like five hunderd the first time around and then like a couple more hunder freakin rip off, hes got like too much money ona 200 mhp gage

THAT SUCK,BUT MY SPEEDO READS FINE EXCEPT FOR THE TWITCHING,DOES HE KNOW WHAT THEY DID TO FIX IT?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

no his stuck between 20 and 30 mhp ..right after he installed it he went to test drive it worked fine up untill it hit 30mhp then it just stuck there...how long have you had it? call them up and do alil bitchen tell them they have to pay for this to get fixed,,your already out your purchase and shipping money plus the time you had to wait for it to come back,,now they want you to pay for it to go back then pay shipping return plus sum extra cost too and on top of it alll you gotta wait another month for it ,,,,i would straight up bitch at them.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1POWER98
no his stuck between 20 and 30 mhp ..right after he installed it he went to test drive it worked fine up untill it hit 30mhp then it just stuck there...how long have you had it? call them up and do alil bitchen tell them they have to pay for this to get fixed,,your already out your purchase and shipping money plus the time you had to wait for it to come back,,now they want you to pay for it to go back then pay shipping return plus sum extra cost too and on top of it alll you gotta wait another month for it ,,,,i would straight up bitch at them.
IVE HAD THEM FOR LIKE 3WEEKS NOW AND IVE BEEN DEALING DIRECTLY WITH ONE OF THERE TECHS AND NOW HES TRYING TO SAY THAT MAYBE MY SPEEDO WENT BAD AND IM NOT EVEN SURE IF THATS POSSIBLE BUT BEFORE I SENT IT TO THEM MY STOCK ONE WORKED FINE,BUT I WILL TRY TO CALL THEM AGAIN TODAY AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY NOW

PS THANKS FOR THE REPLIES
Old 03-02-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUIT YELLING. Seriously, it's annoying. I think there might be a poor/loose solder connection in the back. You might want to take it to someone else. That is ridiculous.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JackZ28
QUIT YELLING. Seriously, it's annoying. I think there might be a poor/loose solder connection in the back. You might want to take it to someone else. That is ridiculous.

not YELLING i just forgot to take caps lock off lol,i checked all solder points and they seem fine and i also had a tech at granatelli redo the solder twice but i still have the same results,i still have a couple things to check but i was told if worse comes to worse to just send them back again and they might have to replace my board if
Old 03-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

Mine sticks. I got a ticket because the damn thing stuck on slightly over 65 and I was actually running close to 75. I have to hit it every once in a while to make sure how fast I am going. Not worth the money in my opinion.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bruce_z/28
Mine sticks. I got a ticket because the damn thing stuck on slightly over 65 and I was actually running close to 75. I have to hit it every once in a while to make sure how fast I am going. Not worth the money in my opinion.
yeah im quickly finding that out i could have spent my money on another mod and had way less trouble,who did u go through at granatelli to get your gauges done?and did your speedo ever jump around at all?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine used to stick alot. Paid overnight shipping back and forth 3 times to granatelli. Other than the 100.00 or so I spent in shipping I wasnt charged anything......
Old 03-02-2005, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
Mine used to stick alot. Paid overnight shipping back and forth 3 times to granatelli. Other than the 100.00 or so I spent in shipping I wasnt charged anything......

did they ever tell you what was causing the problem?ive been dealing with a guy named ira and he has no idea what is causing my prob he says it the first time hes ever seen this happen,i think i will have to send my gauges back again,do you have any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

I cant remember who I worked with. Mine would go up to about 30-40mph and stick there regardless if the car was running or not. The last time I sent it back to get it fixed the guy called me and said that if he would have known about it sooner he would have just called me and told me it was something I could fix on my own. So that led me to believe the the needle itsself wasnt on its mount properly.

Sorry but thats all I really remember. and after that last time I sent it in, I never had a problem since. But then again the car has only had about 400 miles on it in the past year.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

I cant remember who I worked with. Mine would go up to about 30-40mph and stick there regardless if the car was running or not. The last time I sent it back to get it fixed the guy called me and said that if he would have known about it sooner he would have just called me and told me it was something I could fix on my own. So that led me to believe the the needle itsself wasnt on its mount properly.

Sorry but thats all I really remember. and after that last time I sent it in, I never had a problem since. But then again the car has only had about 400 miles on it in the past year.
my problem is that the speedo will jump around even at idle i mean sometimes it will jump to 200mph and ill be at idle,well the guy i spoke to said that if he cant fix the gauges from his end then he will try to fix them when hes near CT which is in like 6 weeks,do u think that a dealership might be able to help me?
Old 03-02-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wouldnt take it in to a dealership. They would just look at the gauge and then say "not our problem".

Try unhooking the battery for about 15 minutes and then hook it back up. Sounds like it might almost be a short somewhere. Take a look and all your grounds both in the engine compartment and the ones down by your feet. Just some thoughts.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

I wouldnt take it in to a dealership. They would just look at the gauge and then say "not our problem".

Try unhooking the battery for about 15 minutes and then hook it back up. Sounds like it might almost be a short somewhere. Take a look and all your grounds both in the engine compartment and the ones down by your feet. Just some thoughts.

thanks for the suggestion i will try that and then see what happens
Old 03-02-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are any of you guys having problems with your speedos in Canada? I know it's sounds like a stupid question but I buy and sell alot of electronic equipment to and from Canada and when the items go through customs, they scan it with an X-ray scanner which has been known to screw up some of my electronic products every once and a while. All they do at Granatelli is remove the needles and face plate, swap a gear, and replace the face plate and needles, not too complicated. Customs is probably not the cause but I'd thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssPetess
Are any of you guys having problems with your speedos in Canada? I know it's sounds like a stupid question but I buy and sell alot of electronic equipment to and from Canada and when the items go through customs, they scan it with an X-ray scanner which has been known to screw up some of my electronic products every once and a while. All they do at Granatelli is remove the needles and face plate, swap a gear, and replace the face plate and needles, not too complicated. Customs is probably not the cause but I'd thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility.
IM NOT SURE WHATS CAUSING MY PROBLEM,BUT I LIVE IN CT AND MY GAUGES ONLY WENT TO CALI,DO U THINK ITS POSSIBLE THAT THE MOTOR THAT MOVES THE SPEEDO COULD HAVE GONE BAD?
Old 03-03-2005, 02:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Sounds like it's not worth the $300 hassle.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JackZ28
Sounds like it's not worth the $300 hassle.
yeah definately to much hassle for the money they do look good though but who cares how they look if they dont work right ,the thing thats funny is that i took my gauges and put them in a stock board and they work fine so the problem must be somewhere in my board,is there anyone including sponsors that specializes in gauges?
Old 03-03-2005, 07:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Sometimes it's definitely better to have function OVER form! It would be nice if someone else made them.

Quick Reply: Need Help With Granatelli 200 Mph Gauges