View Full Version : do people think our cars are slow???

anthonyz281999
03-06-2005, 02:42 AM
i was crusing around with a buddy of mine last night in my z28 and we head up to cruise this strip where everbody brings there cars anyway i stopped to talk to some kids i knew and then a bunch of other people showed up with a couple bmw's and a evo. and everyone automatically bowed down the the evo like it was some kind of god. and then they told me to watch out for the evo's cause camaro's cant hang with them and this and that. then later on i met up with more kids and they had the same thing to say that camaro's are slow and heavy and all they are is sound. the thing im getting that is how do these kids get these images in there head? is it cause they race the v6 camaros or do our cars just look slow to them. i dont know its beyond me i just felt id share my thoughts on it

FattyMcTrickle
03-06-2005, 02:49 AM
And you didn't race the EVO? Come on man theres not trying to cause trouble and then theres letting some douche bag talk shit about your car.

98boxer
03-06-2005, 02:50 AM
I agree with you when you mentioned they race v6 Camaros.

WhiteFire
03-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Hmm, I guess it must have been that scene from 2F2F...

anthonyz281999
03-06-2005, 03:03 AM
And you didn't race the EVO? Come on man theres not trying to cause trouble and then theres letting some douche bag talk shit about your car.
i got the same response from the evo when i asked to race "oh ill smoke you" and he kept getting off the topic of racing me. lol i tried like hell to get him to race but it seems he doesnt waste his time on measly LS1's

SStheBest
03-06-2005, 03:05 AM
i was crusing around with a buddy of mine last night in my z28 and we head up to cruise this strip where everbody brings there cars anyway i stopped to talk to some kids i knew and then a bunch of other people showed up with a couple bmw's and a evo. and everyone automatically bowed down the the evo like it was some kind of god. and then they told me to watch out for the evo's cause camaro's cant hang with them and this and that. then later on i met up with more kids and they had the same thing to say that camaro's are slow and heavy and all they are is sound. the thing im getting that is how do these kids get these images in there head? is it cause they race the v6 camaros or do our cars just look slow to them. i dont know its beyond me i just felt id share my thoughts on it
i woulda let em know right quick in a hurry that our cars arent "slow"... :jest: lol thats a good one....

BlackCamaroSS02
03-06-2005, 03:34 AM
Its like that everywhere you go...i cant believe some of the ppl here in there civics with fart cans on them. I normally dont waste my time with them but if they want to race we will race and its amazing the look on there faces when i get like 10000 car lengths on them and they think something is wrong lol. Its amazing how they honestly think that are cars are REALLY slow lol. I cant even count how many times i raced ppl and they say "wow i didnt know those cars are that fast thats insane" lol.This was even before i got my turbo i remember i raced a turbocharged VW and spanked him real bad. He looked at me with his mouth wide open and his eyes all big asking me what i had done to it. when i told him all i had was headers and a catback he called BS lol. So we pulled over and i poped the hood and he crapped his pants lol. SAME EXACT THING happend again when i raced a turbocharged RX-7 i believe it was. We pulled over and i poped the hood and his friend looked at him and said "see thats what a engine is supposed to look like...he just kicked your ass all motor" lol. They honestly think they are in a league way above us...and thats what makes victory even better :thumb:

~Tom

Hot02SS
03-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Kids today make me wanna :cry:! Ill take a 8cyl 5.7 Liter over a 4cyl any day. EVO's look like a pice of shit. I wouldnt piss on one to put out a fire.

Judd
03-06-2005, 05:01 AM
In my area, folks {even the ricers} will admit/think that the F-Bodies are fast in a straight line. Otherwise, they are just heavy, clumsy, old-school cars to them. What they don't realize is that F-Bodies have done great in the SCCA T2 series for years. T2 has alot of good cars in it, cars that most would think would run off and leave a clumsy, heavy F-Body. Well, they don't, they get beat by Camaros and Firebirds that cost a great deal less.

SouthFL.02.SS
03-06-2005, 07:05 AM
I'll go to the track, run some 11's and get no attention, while the guy in the Evo running 14's has an entourage of punks and punk chics. That's the way it is.

KCamaro
03-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Regardless of what everyone says, I'd like to have an evo for just a day or two. I think it would be an awesome car to just beat the shit out of and then return without having to worry about the consequences. On the other hand I can drive my f-body hard every day and she seems to like me more for it.

BBQLS1
03-06-2005, 11:43 AM

Yes, they honestly belive it, but those people can't change their own oil. Maybe I'm to dumb to understand why, but it honestly amazes me how little people know about cars. It completely blows my mind.
:bomb:

mimic42100
03-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Blame a certian movie, The Anthem of the Rice parts one and two.

MetallicBluews6
03-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Guys guys guys. The EVO and STI are just a phase. F boys are limited and are collectors items. Give it time. Here in Chicago they do respect the WS6, SS and Cobra. Put it this way when most ricers think fast they do put our cars up their with Supras. Now an STI and EVO is a Rally ugly ass car.

mike c.
03-06-2005, 01:14 PM
next time an evo(i don't even know what an evo is)says he'll smoke ya,yell him your from the show me state and his mouth isn't showing you shi*.

Matt SS
03-06-2005, 02:46 PM
What really amazes me about all this id that some kids in HIGH SCHOOL have no idea what an F-body even is!!!!!!!! I know i couldnt believe it when i heard it. I was on duty at basketball game and talking to a few of the students and one had an EVO 7 ??? I think and he told be how fast it was and how he only spent high twenties for it. So, I said to him why didnt u just buy a slightly used WS6 or SS for under twenty and get a faster, better, and more fun car. He looked at me like I had three heads and and said WHAT ARE THOSE!!!!!!!!! I COULDNT BELIEVE IT, he didnt even know what the LS1 was!!

It was soooo depressing and aggrivating! :cry: :confused: :bang:

DAn95
03-06-2005, 03:31 PM
i say good save the cool cars for people that deseve them. If all those dumb asses bought up all the fbodys they would put huge wings and stickers and those bullets hole stickers and shit on them. I say let them think fbodys are slow then they wont think twice bout runninem for 500$ and after they get Fed up we go home and buy stuff.

BBQLS1
03-06-2005, 04:29 PM
i say good save the cool cars for people that deseve them. If all those dumb asses bought up all the fbodys they would put huge wings and stickers and those bullets hole stickers and shit on them. I say let them think fbodys are slow then they wont think twice bout runninem for 500$ and after they get Fed up we go home and buy stuff.

You should have seen what I saw last night. I should have had a camera. A poor little C4 with a Top Fuel wing on it. This thing stuck up over the roof. I couldn't belive it. That guy needed the hell beat out of him. He problably stuck it on with wood screws.

DanSSull
03-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Hey you need to start hanging out with diffrent people. I know those people you are talking about, "My Evo this, my evo that" out here in Aurora Colorado we have all kinds of DSM, and Evo kids who think they are the pick of the litter. There is a kid with a Evo alittle over 400 hp who thought he was the fastest car in Colorado until some 10 second Civic showed him whats up.

Whenever I get the chance I show stock Evo's whats up, because I am stock too and they soon learn once I'm infront they might as well wave to me while I pass for its the last time they will see me.

I am not dissing on the Evo, its a really cool car [Minus aerodynamics and a few other things]. But the people who drive these cars with exceptions of course, driver me nuts. They obviously do not know what is out there.

Chevy4Life
03-06-2005, 05:26 PM
"It's not even an SS, it's just a Z28"

best response i hear from the ricer crowd when someone wants to run me

:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest:

StangManWithLS1Dreams
03-06-2005, 05:39 PM
bringin it hardcore...although im prolly part of the reason some of them think were slow ive lost to 3 evos but kicked an srt 4 in the teath...........i wont mention the srt owner kinda well....blew the motor....but hey its a victory!

Coy
03-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I'd buy an STI, as ong as I could still have my T/A.

Evo's look like shit.

BBQLS1
03-06-2005, 05:46 PM

Evo's look like shit.

If I can keep my Camaro and buy an STI or Evo, I'd buy an old Chevelle, Camaro, Cuda, Charger, Mustang, Impala, another LS1, Monte Carlo, GN, El Camino, GTO, Torino, V8 rear drive Station Wagon, or something like that first.

Coy
03-06-2005, 05:47 PM
If I can keep my Camaro and buy an STI or Evo, I'd buy an old Chevelle, Camaro, Cuda, Charger, Mustang, Impala, another LS1, Monte Carlo, GN, El Camino, GTO, Torino, V8 rear drive Station Wagon, or something like that first.

True. :)

Velocity
03-06-2005, 06:36 PM

You live in Mississippi where things like snow don't come into the equation.

If I was going to have two performance cars, one would certainly be AWD, and an STi or Evo would fit the bill quite nicely.

2kpewterws6
03-06-2005, 08:37 PM
What really amazes me about all this id that some kids in HIGH SCHOOL have no idea what an F-body even is!!!!!!!! I know i couldnt believe it when i heard it. I was on duty at basketball game and talking to a few of the students and one had an EVO 7 ??? I think and he told be how fast it was and how he only spent high twenties for it. So, I said to him why didnt u just buy a slightly used WS6 or SS for under twenty and get a faster, better, and more fun car. He looked at me like I had three heads and and said WHAT ARE THOSE!!!!!!!!! I COULDNT BELIEVE IT, he didnt even know what the LS1 was!!

It was soooo depressing and aggrivating! :cry: :confused: :bang:

im finishing out my senior year right now and ive had my ws6 since late in my junior year, and i have the only ls1 at school now, unfortunately my friend totaled his 98 z28 and about two weeks ago, another kid i know totaled his 94 lt1 vette, people make fun of me for not driving fast everywhere i go, but i like my car in one piece with cheap insurance. sorry, didnt mean to hijack, but the point is, i love my car, and i make sure anyone who is uninformed and curious about it learns to love it too, gotta spread the ls1 fever! haha

GM Muscle
03-06-2005, 09:07 PM

Those kids are usaully the ones who flip out over a 14 second pass. One day at the track the kids pitted next to me where flipping out because their trailered "race car" eclipse broke into the 14s. I just laughed and finished packing up my car for the ride home after running 11.0 all day.

I've found that our cars get plenty of respect from real car enthusiast, whether they own an import or not. It's just the nieve little kids that cream their pants over fart cans and big wings that don't give us any credit. Think about it, would you really want those kids running around in F-bodies or hanging out with the domestic crowd. :)

BBQLS1
03-06-2005, 09:18 PM
You live in Mississippi where things like snow don't come into the equation.

If I was going to have two performance cars, one would certainly be AWD, and an STi or Evo would fit the bill quite nicely.

If the car was a light weight Camaro, I'd agree. I'd think a big ol heavy Chevelle would work fine. I remember click and clack talking about that. With a light car, you need AWD or at least FWD in the snow. Heck an old VW beetle would get you around in the snow just fine (I've seen how well they do in the mud), then you would still have money for the Chevelle!

I like the subaru's but I think they are too much money for not enough car. Maybe when they get a little older.

Venkman
03-06-2005, 09:27 PM

Evo's look like shit.

:werd:

To my experience, subaru guys have a lot firmer grasp on reality than evo owners.

anthonyz281999
03-06-2005, 09:51 PM
ya it seems that evo's have it in for us f-bodies no matter what like even my friend who has one is pretty sure he would beat me but he cant race me cause he has a donut wihc he has had for 2 months cause he pays so much for that damn over priced lancer

Phoenix 5.7
03-06-2005, 10:52 PM
i get plenty of respect here about my car, hell they give me more credit than its worth. apparently i can run a 12 sec pass. they know a real car. subaru owners are better car guys than evos in general. evos are just so "rice" to them and therefore attract the other croud. i would love to have an STi, AWD, 4 real seats and doors. a trunk. but i would never trade my WS6 for it

t1blackout
03-07-2005, 12:06 AM
I had a guy tell me that my cousins (stock) SS would beat the shit out of my modded Z28... (both LS1)... I told him that they were the same car... (I have upgraded even my hood...)

He laughed and said that I know nothing about Camaros... I was so confused and dissapointed (in my new discovery that my Z28 was slow...) that I just stared at him...

BBQLS1
03-07-2005, 12:17 AM
I had a guy tell me that my cousins (stock) SS would beat the shit out of my modded Z28... (both LS1)... I told him that they were the same car... (I have upgraded even my hood...)

He laughed and said that I know nothing about Camaros... I was so confused and dissapointed (in my new discovery that my Z28 was slow...) that I just stared at him...

I hate stupid people!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Gloveperson
03-07-2005, 12:23 AM
I've got a buddy with an EVO..he beats me pretty well everytime, although he has a whole lot of mods that I have helped put in. (cams..full exhaust...FMIC...full intake and clutch assembly and other things here and there). Most of them out there will get spanked by a stock LS1, and get mutilated from a roll. STi's are a little faster but pretty much the same.

I don't really care if idiot ricers think the F-body is slow as I didn't but my car for respect from people. If they think their bolt-on RSX is going to beat me, that's fine as there always will be idiots in the world. The world is not need for speed underground after all.

5.3 racer16
03-07-2005, 12:31 AM
most of the ricers around here always wish they can have a black trans am with hood scoops that is everybodys drwam cat around here. and everybody knows what camaros do around here faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttt tttt!!

Spenser309
03-07-2005, 12:40 AM
there are some fast imports. I know a guy who should of raped me he has a big turbo built motor(H22a) just no tires. He was spining at 75 mph. However that same night i was behind a race between a integra and stock prelude i shifted at 3 through 4 gears while they raced balls to the walls. I actually need to get the vid of that.

ritz
03-07-2005, 02:15 AM

Yeah and my TA isn't a real TA because I don't have a Ram Air hood.

People aren't really like that around hear towards my car. I always get the fuckers that are like "Oh no you don't wanna race him because he has an LS1" because they like to be smartasses. :)

Mustangs are recognized and A LOT more popular around my area. On average I see about 5 GT's a day (easily) and maybe I'll get lucky and see a V8 F-body, but it's higly doubtful. Then somedays like the other day I saw 5 LS1 F-bodies on my 15 minute drive to work. I was excited.

Slammed-am
03-07-2005, 02:45 AM
Misinformation, blinded by the media, naive, stupid.

Alot of people "my age" fit the bill when it comes to cars in general

At least here in Houston, most people I know respect our "clunky" domestics.

Slammed-am
03-07-2005, 02:45 AM
Oh and ritz,

I feel ya.

PA Z06
03-07-2005, 07:17 AM
I have seen a fair amount of Evo's and STI's at Atco and English town, and they will have an awesome 60ft time, but all the LS1/LS6's always catch them by 3rd gear, with the all wheel drive they can get a good jump, but they really run out of steam

generalchaos
03-07-2005, 11:47 AM
around here people flock to the SRT-4's instead. they usually could care less about STI and EVO. I dont really see much of any of them, mostly v8's since its near detroit, but if a supra rolls buy everyones jaw drops, even if its a slow ricer one they immediately think its running 8's :eyes:

ActionJack
03-07-2005, 12:11 PM
The Camaro/Firebird/Vette in my area get more respect than the SRT4, EVO, or WRX STi.

So, "No" people do not think our cars are slow. Not unless they are ignorant ricers that is.

Steve C.
03-07-2005, 12:45 PM
I see alot of modded SRT-4's around here (south houston, and galveston area) I dont know about the rest of the crowd but it think our cars get some attention and respect, but not nearly as much as we deserve :eyes: When i do run into an sti or evo its on i-45 and i can handle them pretty easily. I would hate to have to play catch up from a dead stop lol.

BBQLS1
03-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Here people who know about cars give respect. But there are many who don't know anything.

I gotta go now, my buddy told me my blinker fluid is low. I am going to get the guys at the parts store to add a little for me. :thinker:

KB99WS6
03-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh and ritz,

I feel ya.

Thats a sweet picture in your sig. What wheels are they? They look similar to mine but the rear wheels looks to have an even deeper dish than my 17X11's...

MeentSS02
03-07-2005, 02:17 PM
In my area, people think my car is slow...it is mostly high school kids and transients (who are also usually kids). Not that my ripe old age of 24 makes me an old man.

Por ejemplo - kid pulls up behind me quick in a GTP. He had some rims on it, but it sounded pretty stock otherwise. I'm first in line at a red light, he's right behind me, and some buddies of his were in a little Honda to his right. You can faintly hear the Honda guys saying "I'll bet that's fast...you should go take out that SS." The guy just kinda laughs and starts revving up. I was in no hurry to go anywhere, but I thought I'd give them a taste before he grew a sack...I gave it about 3/4 throttle pulling away as you hear the GTP squealing the tires. My duals have a pretty good bark to them, and I was already out about 3-4 cars while he just sat there looking like an idiot. He never pulled up next to me even though I was going under the speed limit.

They'll learn...one at a time, they will all learn. My SS isn't the fastest car around here, but it can take out most of the crap the populates our streets. The rice is horrible down here...the only other place I've seen that was worse was Colorado Springs. I heard the same stories out there...as soon as they saw it run, they were all surprised that it did as well as it did.

Most f-bodies do "look" kinda slow just by looking at them...they ARE huge cars compared to most of the other stuff out there on the roads.

MeentSS02
03-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Thats a sweet picture in your sig. What wheels are they? They look similar to mine but the rear wheels looks to have an even deeper dish than my 17X11's...

And if I'm not mistaken, those are Fikse FM5s...

Amorget
03-07-2005, 02:35 PM
I dunno, the only people around here that seem to be willing to race are rich kids in BMWs and a Cobra owner. I've had several Hondas that won't even look at me at a stop light. Most people seem to know that a LS1 is not a vehicle to play with. Too bad the Ferarri 360 wouldn't at least give me a run... though the thumbs up after I did a quick 3rd gear pull made me feel good :)

Toadman
03-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Some kid didn't think Fbodys are that fast and he could take them with his Talon(not the AWD). When he found out they were fast he, he wants to bring out the Nos to take it. Then the one day I heard he said the new GTOs were slow and had like 240hp and that 350-400hp wasn't true. :eyes:
Maybe when the Z28 comes out of hibernation, it will teach him a lesson. :drive:

BBQLS1
03-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Some kid didn't think Fbodys are that fast and he could take them with his Talon(not the AWD). When he found out they were fast he, he wants to bring out the Nos to take it. Then the one day I heard he said the new GTOs were slow and had like 240hp and that 350-400hp wasn't true. :eyes:
Maybe when the Z28 comes out of hibernation, it will teach him a lesson. :drive:

Tell him you heard that those Talons could handle a 400 shot of "NOS", and then he could take on a Viper. He would have the fastest car in town. We should encourage this type of behavior with these people.
:)

TWS
03-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I'll go to the track, run some 11's and get no attention, while the guy in the Evo running 14's has an entourage of punks and punk chics. That's the way it is.

Yeah, I've seen that kind of scene a few times too. My reaction was :confused: WTF?!

I'll pull up by myself and rip off a 11.9/12.0 in my '94 (NA times BTW) and the ricer punk with a personal best of 14.5 has an "entourage". :eyes:

Slammed-am
03-07-2005, 07:12 PM
And if I'm not mistaken, those are Fikse FM5s...

Correct.

Broken041
03-08-2005, 01:37 AM

I like those kinds. "Yeah, it's just a plain Trans Am. Nope...not a WS6. Just a plain ole." Then they fade to the rear.

BuBbABFP
03-08-2005, 03:01 AM
Hell funny cause i just raced a S/C GSR integra, and when we aked him if he wanted to run me he said "Oh is it an SS OMFG please no!" we said "No its a Z28" he said "Pffff what a relief" LOL smoked his ass

Loudmouth LS1
03-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Hahahaha!!! Dude, just throw a cam in it and open up the exhaust and then they'll freak out!!!! But seriously, we have those kind here, but most of 'em have seen our cars run at the track and know what they can do, and it's like ur their god if you show up at a meet that they're at, it's pretty funny!!!!!

ritz
03-08-2005, 09:27 AM
I like those kinds. "Yeah, it's just a plain Trans Am. Nope...not a WS6. Just a plain ole." Then they fade to the rear.

Peep the sig.

Broken041
03-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Peep the sig.

Good call. I might borrow that little saying you have there in the sig.

Loudmouth LS1
03-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Oh yeah, and another funny thing is, I went out to a bbq one time last year, and I rolled out on my hoosier QTP's, so this Evo was there that everyone says is so fast and will only race from digs and thinks he's the fastest thing from a dig on the street, so I went up to him and was like hey, you wanna run from a dig. He's like sure, what you got. I'm like just a z28, he's like ok. So then he sees me go to my car and he comes over and looks at it, and he notices the slicks and he's like what the fuck, he's like i'm not racing you, that's a race car, those are slicks!!!! I just burst out laughing!!!! And when he heard it start, he really freaked out (at the time I had 3" true duals with 12" bullets, now she's even louder, just extensions off the headers to save the o2's)!! So of course, the race didn't go down!

t1blackout
03-08-2005, 03:44 PM
lol... sticky tires means you have a race car?

Maybe someone should inform him that you cant launch a powerful car on street tires... I dont have that many impressive mods for my car but I can light my stock tires up untill they go bald without even tapping the break...

Tell him that his evo has a big ass wing and that means its a race car too...

Loudmouth LS1
03-08-2005, 03:47 PM
lol... sticky tires means you have a race car?

Maybe someone should inform him that you cant launch a powerful car on street tires... I dont have that many impressive mods for my car but I can light my stock tires up untill they go bald without even tapping the break...

Tell him that his evo has a big ass wing and that means its a race car too...

Hahahaha, that's why I laughed!!!! My car is sort of a racecar, but not fully!!! I have my interior out, but I still have a/c and all that shit (which is soon to change, when I pull the motor to build it, i'm pullin the a/c and maybe a few other things). But it's funny, at the time I didn't even have a cage in the car!!!! But I still drive the car on the street all the time and will continue to do so, I enjoy it too much to fully take it off the street, even just the sound of it cruising or loping, it's music to my ears!!!

Skarecrow
03-08-2005, 04:12 PM
But... my car really IS slow.

B T
03-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Not to offend anyone. :angel:

Yes, I think our cars are slow. :secret2:

I've been stuck in the 13's for over 15 yrs. :(

It's all relative... :jest:

That is all, carry on. :secret:

:wavey:

t1blackout
03-08-2005, 04:31 PM
POS Honda Hatchback = $500
Engine Swap = $1200
Turbo Kit = $2000
100 Shot of "NOS" = $400

Being laughed at by all of your friends
for wasting over 4,000 dollars :

PRICELESS

But hey... that thing'll break into the 11's probably !!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

UNFAIR
03-08-2005, 04:51 PM
POS Honda Hatchback = $500
Engine Swap = $1200
Turbo Kit = $2000
100 Shot of "NOS" = $400

Being laughed at by all of your friends
for wasting over 4,000 dollars :

PRICELESS

But hey... that thing'll break into the 11's probably !!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

actually, that motor swap most of them will go for is closer to 5 grand. so it should read "having everyone in the world laugh at you for spending $8,000 and still being slow as a turd, PRICELESS."

:D

t1blackout
03-08-2005, 04:55 PM
:eek2:

Skarecrow
03-08-2005, 05:13 PM
If you wanted speed for cheap, wouldn't an 87-93 foxbody with a turbo kit really be the way to go? I mean hell, the cars are like $1500 now, and a good complete twin turbo kit is around $5000, no? Throw in annother $2k for for h/c/i, $500 for exhaust (dump it before the axle) then a bit more for clutch and tires, and you're doing 10s all day for well under $10k.

I miss having a mustang sometimes, parts are cheap as fuck.

But you'd still look like ass of course. Those $1500k foxbodys sure arn't winning any car shows. ;)

t1blackout
03-08-2005, 06:02 PM
I think that a 3rd gen camaro is sexy as hell actually.... just pay 4k for one isntead of 1500 and you would have one in good condition...

ActionJack
03-08-2005, 06:12 PM
I think that a 3rd gen camaro is sexy as hell actually.... just pay 4k for one isntead of 1500 and you would have one in good condition...

There is one by me for $2,000 in good shape for a 3rd gen.

02ls1ss
03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Tell him you heard that those Talons could handle a 400 shot of "NOS", and then he could take on a Viper. He would have the fastest car in town. We should encourage this type of behavior with these people.
:funny:

jerrad
03-08-2005, 08:01 PM
It must be rough having people think your car is slow. :jest: I drive a brick with a little ole v6 and get shit from some fbody owners and ALL ricers. Notice I say some because its usually the younger ones that don't now anythink about cars.(and I'm 20 so dont say I'm young and .....)

ritz
03-08-2005, 08:44 PM
actually, that motor swap most of them will go for is closer to 5 grand. so it should read "having everyone in the world laugh at you for spending $8,000 and still being slow as a turd, PRICELESS."

:D

Yeah if you're an idiot that doesn't know where to get a swap. Honda motor swaps are not pricey at all. The main swaps: B18A1 and B18B1 (90-01 Integra LS, GS, RS), B16A2 (99-00 Si), B18C1 (94-01 Integra GSR), and B18C5 (97-01 Integra Type R's) are all relative in price. The Type R swap is the most which is close to 4K, but the other two which have just as much potential are much less (1K-2K) with the B18A1 and B1 being sub 1K easy.

Yeah so I probably know more about imports than F-bodies and I've never owned one.

BBQLS1
03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Yeah if you're an idiot that doesn't know where to get a swap. Honda motor swaps are not pricey at all. The main swaps: B18A1 and B18B1 (90-01 Integra LS, GS, RS), B16A2 (99-00 Si), B18C1 (94-01 Integra GSR), and B18C5 (97-01 Integra Type R's) are all relative in price. The Type R swap is the most which is close to 4K, but the other two which have just as much potential are much less (1K-2K) with the B18A1 and B1 being sub 1K easy.

Yeah so I probably know more about imports than F-bodies and I've never owned one.

You know too much about imports. I don't think you can be my friend.
;)

Gloveperson
03-08-2005, 08:58 PM
It must be rough having people think your car is slow. :jest: I drive a brick with a little ole v6 and get shit from some fbody owners and ALL ricers. Notice I say some because its usually the younger ones that don't now anythink about cars.(and I'm 20 so dont say I'm young and .....)

You get shit from F-body guys in a GN? Please smack some sense into those guys.

Most of the swaps I see have moved away from the B18 gens and to the K20As. Those things can be serious in an old hatch..very easy to hit 250 WHP with that motor. That one is more pricey though.

ritz
03-08-2005, 09:22 PM
You know too much about imports. I don't think you can be my friend.
;)

Haha all my friends with imports have very nice ones and most of them are quick for the minimal mods they have.

Most of the swaps I see have moved away from the B18 gens and to the K20As. Those things can be serious in an old hatch..very easy to hit 250 WHP with that motor. That one is more pricey though.

Yes sir, but like I said the B series swaps are the most common, but K series motors are making serious power NA with very minimal mods. As a matter of fact a buddy of mine has a base RSX (non Type S) he was boosted, but he blew it, so he swapped the K20A motor found in the JDM Type S (over there of course it's a Type R) and just ran a best of 13.6 @ 103. Very strong motor and that's in an RSX imagine it in a hatch. There's a guy with a K20 in a hatch. I believe he just has a tune, bolts ons and cams and is running 11's.

6 speed + K-series motor in a gutted hatch = lots of fun. Even though he probably has torque steer from hell.

02ws602wrx
03-08-2005, 09:26 PM
WELL this is a topic i can get on easily having owned an 86 irocz,87gn,02ws6,02wrx I fit into all categories necessary. I loved the way the 86 looked except for the 3rd brake light up top, but it was slow. The GN was awesome but the block is only a 2bolt main and I spun it many times, btw when girls asked what kinda car I had they only heard of 1987 and Buick and then they laughed. It was fast as hell and could pull 120ish in my street 1/4 where my t/a now only hits about 113. The buick was not a daily driver so I needed one to go to work with so I bought the wrx. Awesome daily driver 02. auto. It has a full exhaust and a little more boost 18psi to 14stock and a cpu recalib. and air filter.hehe. it pulled a 13.5@99.5mph. couldn't break 100 forgot to take the air filter out. The buick got stolen and I bought the ws6. It flies and now with my full exhaust QTPs,High flow cats,borla cat back. it is loud as hell and smokes the tires from about a 35-40mph roll. It is nasty and it is on the way to breaking my gns record of 12.3@110 only track run. I love the wrx thought because in the snow there is nothing like awd. and you can beat on it alot.73k miles before anything went wrong then it went down hill first tranny, then motor. but I beat the snot out of it since I bought it in october of 2001. Hope the story makes sense if not I will tighten it up.

98z28hispanic
03-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Dude ima tell ya one thing turbos are goddsssssssss. They help the shi#$%W% motors perform a lot better. Although you can put a turbo on a ls1 stock no mods and easily make over 500 horsepower. A lot of guys think there turbo cars are fast but a lot of them lack the knowledge or the money to make there rides fast. Dont get me wrong there are a lot of turbo cars that will kick some butt Supras, Rx7, and seen some pretty fast evo's and awd eclipses but again they got money and the know how to go fast . So i say to them put up or shut up lol ........

UNFAIR
03-09-2005, 12:10 AM

you're talking to someone who OWNS a Honda. i know a little more about imports than the normal f-body driver. people rarely want the hum-drum GSR swap anymore. they want the ITR B-series or a K-series. which will get you close to 5-7k depending on which motor you get. we're all just poking fun at imports here, no reason to get semi defensive or too technical. :chug:

ritz
03-09-2005, 12:23 AM
you're talking to someone who OWNS a Honda. i know a little more about imports than the normal f-body driver. people rarely want the hum-drum GSR swap anymore. they want the ITR B-series or a K-series. which will get you close to 5-7k depending on which motor you get. we're all just poking fun at imports here, no reason to get semi defensive or too technical. :chug:

Ok and I've hung around Honda owners for quite some years now and I did plenty of research on them when I wanted one and yes I will openly admit that. Like I stated the most COMMON swaps are the B series swaps which other than the C5 (ITR motor) are no where near 5K. I'm not getting semi-defensive or technical I'm just stating facts. It seems that a lot of people here like to poke fun at ricers which is fine, but there's a difference between ricers and guys who have respectable imports.

Phoenix 5.7
03-09-2005, 12:25 AM
and the nissans have the SR20DET, but this is getting :offtopic:

TheHun
03-09-2005, 12:29 AM
After my '92 Camaro my bro did not expect that an American car can be fast.
He had/has M3's.
He was riding with me in the WS6. I floored it from a dead stop...the look on his face....PRICELESS :eek:

The Guy at work: "Why don't you buy a sportcar if you like going fast. Get a Miata or something small."
Me: :eek2:

The other Guy at work: "My Eclipse (non turbo) would smoke you anytime and gets better gas mileage"
Me: aww :eyes:

crazy151drinker
03-09-2005, 01:05 AM
I get the classic "wow, an S-10 with a body kit :eyes: " or "you paid how much for your s-10? "

Things could be worse. I asked my little brother the other day what kind of car he wanted when he turned 16. Im thinking I could help him out with a kick ass musclecar or something to help him score some chicks. But no. He tells me, "I want a hybrid. They get really good mileage. " :bang:

jerrad
03-09-2005, 01:20 AM
You get shit from F-body guys in a GN? Please smack some sense into those guys.
It's only on occasion but to be fair they dont know anything about f bodies either. Most of them got the car for the body not the motor and their parents were rich/stupid enough to buy them a car with that kind of power when they know nothing about cars or how to drive them.

GREGGO
03-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Here is what I think w/o reading all 81 posts. Look around at these cars....most of them are young drivers that have only been sitting behind the wheel for a few years. Everything is fast to them since the sensation of real speed is something they have never really experienced. Plus, the mentality seems to be rolling and top end speed, not ball busting launches that F-bodies give. Just my obsevation.

Casperws6
03-10-2005, 10:50 AM

:jest:

i can see that happening. they wet their panties real quick for a 14sec car

Skarecrow
03-10-2005, 11:12 AM

i can see that happening. they wet their panties real quick for a 14sec car

Yeah, In my experience, the only women who really know something about cars tend to look more like me than like the women on the covers of import magazines.

Although, to be fair, if a woman said to me "What year is that Trans am? It's got the LS1 in it, right? What cam are you running?" Then her attractiveness would jump up a few notches right there. ;)

Phoenix 5.7
03-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah, In my experience, the only women who really know something about cars tend to look more like me than like the women on the covers of import magazines.

except for the ones on here. Zangel and a few others know way more than me about cars and look damn good

MeentSS02
03-10-2005, 01:06 PM

Although, to be fair, if a woman said to me "What year is that Trans am? It's got the LS1 in it, right? What cam are you running?" Then her attractiveness would jump up a few notches right there. ;)

You don't have to find one that knows a lot...just one that is trainable. That way, you can set them straight from the beginning ;)

"Yeah baby, this LS1 IS faster than a Ferrari."

jerrad
03-10-2005, 03:33 PM
You don't have to find one that knows a lot...just one that is trainable. That way, you can set them straight from the beginning ;)

"Yeah baby, this LS1 IS faster than a Ferrari."

Thats how my gf is now. She cant put oil in her truck but she knows what an intercooler, turbo, alky injection, and stall convertor is now.