Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumb header question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumb header question

I am looking at the passanger side mainfold and it appears that I have to pull the oil dip stick tube to remove stock exhaust manifolds and re-install headers. Is that correct and do I need a gasket for the tube at the motor.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ken breaux
I am looking at the passanger side mainfold and it appears that I have to pull the oil dip stick tube to remove stock exhaust manifolds and re-install headers. Is that correct and do I need a gasket for the tube at the motor.
Yes you do have to remove the dip stick, there is a bolt you have to remove then pull up on the dip stick. I think mine had an o ring & you don't have to replace it.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just set it somewhere safe and be careful when putting it back in. You won't need to replace anything as far as the dipstick goes. When putting it back in, it is a LOT easier to have one person under the car with a flashlight to spot where it goes and to guide it in while the other feeds it from the top. It's a real PITA to do it yourself.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

15mm bolt off the head for the dipstick, and you can get it yourself from the top. Just twist it and follow the natural bend of the dipstick while shining a light down towards the bottom of the motor and look for a dark spot for it to go into. Be patient.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Thanks to those that responded.

Kenny