Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

'Burbs and Cops

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 'Burbs and Cops

Has anyone else noticed an explosion of law enforcement on the streets? They are everywhere. I lucked out about 4 times this weekend when it was nice out. A few years ago, it would seem like bad luck if you WOT down a street and pass a cop while doing so. Now, it seems like you can't do anything anywhere. I punched it a few times on seperate occassions in seperate towns in the Caddy, and encountered a cop car right after doing so. Even 11:30 PM on a Tuesday night,,in a quiet neighborhood,,just speeding it up a little, and right then a car turns down the street in front of me and of course it's a cop car. Each time I either slowed down a second before even seeing the cop, or I would slow down feeling it was a cop..so I lucked out.
There's also more undercover cars around. And the highways are getting polluted with state troopers for the 'crack down' on speeders thing. I just don't want to think what it will be like in 10 years. Every 3rd car you pass will probably be a cop. Good ole' homeland security. And the fresh ones on the street are itching to give tickets.
Sorry about the rant. I was just planning on riding late in the morning this summer (1-4 AM) and with my exhaust, I will be paranoid. Not necessarily racing,,just cruising even. lol..early morning driving every other car is literally a cop.
THAT IS ALL.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:15 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, out here there have been a lot of cops. I need to be careful I usually go WOT of about 80% when I leave school but now there are cops there. My school already has a bad rap after last month so I don't need anything else to happen.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, they've been out like crazy. I actually got a ticket in my truck for a no turn on red Monday morning. Not too happy right now. And the weather sucks...
Old 03-09-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I have noticed a lot of them around me in Naperville. Mostly they are looking for DUI's and they see a Trans Am and I get pulled over. Last time this happend, I chewed the cop out..It pisses me off to no end!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I noticed a large increase of cops on 294 they were all over the place the couple times I drove it last week. Then I saw on the news they are doing a concentrated speeder and DUI crackdown on the various tolls and expressways. Cops always get crazy early in the spring. Just wait.. the first couple 70 deg days they will get really nuts. thats one reasonwhy spring time I take it easy.. no screwing around. just cruise.

Also one reason why I like camaros over firebirds.. Firebirds scream, "Pull me over" Camaros are not nearly as flashy. I also keep my car somewhat on the low. Other than the exhaust being loud I got nothing. Stock rims, stock ride height, its pewter so its not bright or dark and evil, no DRL's, No exhaust tips, no rear emblems.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:43 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,524 Likes on 1,096 Posts

9-10 years ago seems like I almost never saw a cop in the near north chicago 'burbs. Times have changed.

Cracking down on DUIs is good. Cracking down on perfectly sober people doing 65-70 on the tollway is bad, and stupid, IMO. Sure, by law they are 'speeding', but I personally disagree with the insanely low 55mph IL speed limits around chicago in the first place, so obviously I would not support any crackdown towards enforcing it.

Any state officals in here? If so, listen up..... 55mph blows and it's wasting people's time. I'm going to be facing a 70 mile per day expressway commute soon and I don't have time to waste crawling along at 55mph. Raise it to 70mph at least. Worried about more highway deaths? Simple fix, be a little more careful about who you give a license to in the first place.

As far as hassling people for loud exhaust, that is simply the dumbest reason in the world to give someone a ticket. Just look at the Harley's, they get away with it.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:05 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
9-10 years ago seems like I almost never saw a cop in the near north chicago 'burbs. Times have changed.

Cracking down on DUIs is good. Cracking down on perfectly sober people doing 65-70 on the tollway is bad, and stupid, IMO. Sure, by law they are 'speeding', but I personally disagree with the insanely low 55mph IL speed limits around chicago in the first place, so obviously I would not support any crackdown towards enforcing it.

Any state officals in here? If so, listen up..... 55mph blows and it's wasting people's time. I'm going to be facing a 70 mile per day expressway commute soon and I don't have time to waste crawling along at 55mph. Raise it to 70mph at least. Worried about more highway deaths? Simple fix, be a little more careful about who you give a license to in the first place.

As far as hassling people for loud exhaust, that is simply the dumbest reason in the world to give someone a ticket. Just look at the Harley's, they get away with it.

Remind me to vote you for state office next election!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:05 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Talking

Originally Posted by stoleit
Remind me to vote you for state office next election!!!
LOL, thanks.

At least I know I could get one vote!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, thanks.

At least I know I could get one vote!
Make that 2 votes.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:11 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Smoke_Ford
Make that 2 votes.
Thanks Ryan.

A few hundred thousand more and maybe I'd have a shot at something.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Ryan.

A few hundred thousand more and maybe I'd have a shot at something.
Thats alot of fake IDs and voter registration cards =/
Old 03-14-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pokie patrol is all over here as well . Do as I have done in the past carry a scanner with ya

They drive everything from mini vans, to explorer's, expidition's, to caviliers,crown vic's, Z28's, caprice, impala of course. So many to name not enough space. Being that my father is "THE MAN" aka 5.0 hehehehehe I see it all when I ride with him down to the station. : :

J

Quick Reply: 'Burbs and Cops