Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crank pulley puller

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default crank pulley puller

i know this has been covered and i have been reading here and there on the subject..i am going to have to remove my crank pulley for the last time in the next few days..im putting the stock cam back in to sell the car...i made my own install tool out of allthread last time around and it worked like a charm...that is not the problem..i had problems getting the damn pulley off of the shaft..i broke two of my 3 jaw pullers on it last time and got so pissed i cut it off with a sawzall.. needless to say i bought a new/used pulley.....hahah i have read posts about pullers from sears and so forth..i dont want to spend 100 bucks on a tool im only gonna use once..(getting rid of my ls1) ...going back to sbc. soo my question is what type and size (tonnage) do you guys recommend to rent? i read sometthing about a chrysler puller that works well...????? i just want to get a head start since i destroyed both of my 3 jaw pullers the last go around..i was going to just buy the tool but since ill only be using it once,...i kind of would just like to rent one...thanks matt
Old 03-14-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just borrowed a 3 jaw puller from autozone (5 ton rating) and it worked fine.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet..i just didnt know how big of one could fit in there with the motor in the car..ive always had the motor out when i did mine.. all i know is whatever size puller i had last time went
matt
Old 03-15-2005, 02:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

snap on's fit good too