Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Angry Looking for a tuner

I just wondered where everyone is getting there n2o tuned?? I am looking for some one to work on it in the tri-state area. IN< IL< OH< MI< KY. As well willing to work with a camshaft that I was shafted on when it comes to the spec's. THX YA ******* who is keeping my spec's on my comp cam .

J
Old 03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to LPE there just south of us. It's not to hard to find out the specs on the cam. There should be some numbers on the end, just call the cam company tell them the numbers and they'll give you the specs.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Or you could just stick it in an engine and put a degree wheel on it and measure it yourself. Otherwise you're just trusting someone's word and that there are no machining mistakes anyway.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry fellas I need to make this clear. The cam was installed along with springs and such by a local company here in town. They had the car from Oct 04 to yesterday when I demanded the car back. I told them not to tune the car. In fear of it grenading. Believe me there is alot more to the story than is told. and yes there is 2 sides to every story but this jerk didn't say in the begining that he would not give me the specs.

As for L.P.E I am not sure if they tune for n2o or how experienced they are with juice.

J
Old 03-17-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

LPE can do pretty much anything.
It's not that difficult to put a degree wheel on and use a dial indicator to get the specs of the cam.

What kind of problem did you have with that shop anyway?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by white2001s10
LPE can do pretty much anything.
It's not that difficult to put a degree wheel on and use a dial indicator to get the specs of the cam.

What kind of problem did you have with that shop anyway?
Give me an email address and I will forward some of the very mature (j/K) emails I got from him in the time he had my car.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:31 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

DO NOT GO TO LPE for tuning..I love LPE, they make the BEST stuf out there, but they do not tune their own stuff via LS1 edit or anything like that. they use a tuner in FLorida, and download info to them...it would cost you $1500-2000 to do it this way and would be essentially a mail order tune....LPE does not offer tuning like other companies do, they do complete packages, crate motors, but they do not do tuning like LIvernois, APE, etc.

I would not worry about the tuning UNTIL you get the cam specs figured out, and then bring it over and we can monitor it with my EFI LIve V 7 Professional, try to figure out the nitrous they bungled up, and THEN we can take it to APE for a dyno tune.

SDB
Old 03-17-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SDB
DO NOT GO TO LPE for tuning..I love LPE, they make the BEST stuf out there, but they do not tune their own stuff via LS1 edit or anything like that. they use a tuner in FLorida, and download info to them...it would cost you $1500-2000 to do it this way and would be essentially a mail order tune....LPE does not offer tuning like other companies do, they do complete packages, crate motors, but they do not do tuning like LIvernois, APE, etc.

I would not worry about the tuning UNTIL you get the cam specs figured out, and then bring it over and we can monitor it with my EFI LIve V 7 Professional, try to figure out the nitrous they bungled up, and THEN we can take it to APE for a dyno tune.

SDB

That sounds great. I will be in touch with ya maybe saturday night we can go over the whole thing. I am sure you would like to see the invoice I will email it to ya. GOod for ***** and giggle's huh. Cya SDB

White2001S10 I will send ya a few just for ***** and giggles as well. Never the less I guess I am at fault for pulling the car back b4 he had a chance to give it a final tune. But due to the failing n2o parts that were brand new I didn't want to chance my motor to flake out.

J
Old 03-17-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

SDB was the timing tuner box you have on your goat from ramchargers. Cuz that was a part that failed on mine and I must say the issue you have posted was almost identical to mine.

J