Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dfi Gen 7 Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dfi Gen 7 Questions?

I just got my gen 7 in today and have a few questions? I need to know what my stock pcm runs. Do I need my stock computer? I am running aftermarket gauges and have a th350 and don't need my speedometer. I know the stock computer runs the fan and fuel pump but on the harness there is a positive wire for fuel pump and a wire for fan. Does any one know where I can find the wire to connect to them? Any help would be appricated. Thanx.....
Old 03-19-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without any circuit diagrams etc here at home I will be of limited assistance but I'll give you some basics. I'm assuming that you have a complete Gen VII kit with harness and software V 4.0.0. In your application you do not need the factory ECM. The Gen VII's red fuel pump wire comes from its own relay meaning that it goes to +12V when active and can go directly to a fuel pump. Find your cars FP relay and cut wire to fuel pump, solder this wire to wire that runs to FP. The Gen VII's fan wire is not relayed and goes to 0V when active, like your car's original fan signal. Just find the fan relay and substitute this wire instead of your orig PCM's fan signal wire. Can't remember, but if your car has two fans, the Gen VII can control them idividually. At WOT the Gen VII turns your fan(s) off.

There are companies who sell adaptors for Gen VIIs that eliminate their harness and allow direct plug in to the car's harness, much easier. I've hard-wired several Gen VIIs into factory harnesses, much harder but neat installation. Where's your EMIC (Accel/DFI Engine Management Installation Center) that sold you your system, I'm doing their job.