Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

new gauge and psi prob

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new gauge and psi prob

i have a 2001 ls1 in a 93 chevy truck i have dual walbro inline pumps on it. well i just got a digital fuel pressure gauge it changes alot from 52 psi to 63 psi while driving this is how my fuel lines are run from my tank to my pumps to my filter to my aeromotive regulator out the reg to the inlet on my factory rails, and on the regulator on the other side is my return line also have a mechanical gauge on the reg well it reads 50 psi all the time. Do i have the reg in the wrong place? If so how should it be ran? Should it go from my pumps to my rail and from the shradder valve on the rail to the reg and then to the return line. thanks for any help
Old 04-03-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel tank to pumps to inlet side of regulator out return side of regulator back to tank. Then from another inlet side of regulator to fuel rails. I'm assuming you have a regulator with more then one inlet hole for the second fitting for the rails and this is assuming that your rails are not modified for an in/out fuel flow. You should show close to zero psi on your return line. Do not run a vaccuum line to the regulator if you are using a stock LS1 PCM that is programmed for a returnless fuel system. Set your regulator for 58 psi or better yet, if you have a scanner, set untill your fuel trims are slightly negative at idle and cruise.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for that info that was exactly what i needed to know thanks