Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced an Evo last night

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wink Raced an Evo last night.....vid inside by 1bdbird

This race was set up a couple weeks ago but due to weather things were put off until last night.

01 SS M6
FTRA
NON_SPONSOR lid
TR ported TB
TR 224/224 cam
FLP Longtubes
Hooker catback
4.10 gears

03-04 5speed Evo "special edition"
high flow cat
cat back system
cam gear(s) retard
tuning?
325awhp

We managed two "complete" runs against each other last night. I was stuck running on my FireHawk FZ 50's instead of my Nitto DR's so I was thinking I was gonna be toast from the dead stop race!

FROM A STOP
I left my traction control on for our race from a stop and just took of slipping the clutch and getting on the gas a quick as i could manage.....he reved his up and dumped it and got a couple cars on me and by the end of 3rd I was past him and once i was in 4th I managed 2-4 cars on him.

FROM A 30mph ROLL
I left the traction control on.....just held my car in 2nd (3000rpm) and we hit it the outcome was more like 3-5 cars my favor.

The guy thought the outcome was "even" but I was so bummed about my shifting I didn't pay him any mind.....the video will be posted.....the big eye don't lie!

We raced a few other times but I managed to miss some gears!! Iam still getting use to my new RAM power Grip HD and Iam thinking about upgrading to a RAM adustable master cylinder.......not sure if it was nerves or and engagement issue....I rarley ever miss gears.....but maybe I just had a off night.

This race was taped and I will get my buddy to post it.

Thanks to Brandon ....chase car 03 cobra ported blower/x.xx pulley/cat back....ect

I must say Chris's Evo was suprisingly fast.

I guess I was thinking I was gonna smash the **** out of that car and with my bad driving last night Iam pretty disappointed with the whole thing.

No spray used on either of these races......still have to install my injectors and tune it! I hope to have a rematch after the tune just for kicks......and I will have the nitto DR's ON!

Last edited by red fury; 04-04-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red fury
This race was set up a couple weeks ago but due to weather things were put off until last night.

01 SS M6
FTRA
NON_SPONSOR lid
TR ported TB
TR 224/224 cam
FLP Longtubes
Hooker catback
4.10 gears

03-04 5speed Evo "special edition"
high flow cat
cat back system
cam gear(s) retard
tuning?
325awhp

We managed two "complete" runs against each other last night. I was stuck running on my FireHawk FZ 50's instead of my Nitto DR's so I was thinking I was gonna be toast from the dead stop race!

FROM A STOP
I left my traction control on for our race from a stop and just took of slipping the clutch and getting on the gas a quick as i could manage.....he reved his up and dumped it and got a couple cars on me and by the end of 3rd I was past him and once i was in 4th I managed 2-4 cars on him.

FROM A 30mph ROLL
I left the traction control on.....just held my car in 2nd (3000rpm) and we hit it the outcome was more like 3-5 cars my favor.

The guy thought the outcome was "even" but I was so bummed about my shifting I didn't pay him any mind.....the video will be posted.....the big eye don't lie!

We raced a few other times but I managed to miss some gears!! Iam still getting use to my new RAM power Grip HD and Iam thinking about upgrading to a RAM adustable master cylinder.......not sure if it was nerves or and engagement issue....I rarley ever miss gears.....but maybe I just had a off night.

This race was taped and I will get my buddy to post it.

Thanks to Brandon ....chase car 03 cobra ported blower/x.xx pulley/cat back....ect

I must say Chris's Evo was suprisingly fast.

I guess I was thinking I was gonna smash the **** out of that car and with my bad driving last night Iam pretty disappointed with the whole thing.

No spray used on either of these races......still have to install my injectors and tune it! I hope to have a rematch after the tune just for kicks......and I will have the nitto DR's ON!
Evo's can be scary. Very nice kill
Old 04-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

No way in hell he was making 100whp more then stock with those mods. Good kills!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

good kil!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Mucho Gracias Amigos!

Yeah! 325...all wheel hp is a pretty stout jump from just a catback and cam gear adjustment with a car that only comes with 290+or- flywheel hp.

The guy seemed like an honest person......he said his car is considered a "stage 1" upgrade from stock...whatever that means.

The chase car is a fast mother too.....Brandon has driven it to a 11.6x at 118.xxmph in the 1/4 mile and he just raced a guy from Florida "Alan" with a evo that had 6grand worth of work in it and he beat that car by about the same amount as I won by!

Now, nothing in the world would have pleased Brandon than to pass the Evo up....which he did....and then pass me up as the "chase" car but he was unable to make up any ground on me......He was given it all it had in so many words....

So either they guy I raced is "under rating" his car or the guy that Brandon raced with all the money in it is full of Shiz!!!

Buy the way, the guy I raced last night "Chris" and the other guy from Florida "Alan" (Evo with 6g into it) know each other and Chris said that Alans car does have that amount of money in it and it is fast as hell.

So someones story just ain't matching up!

The chase car & my car are about even.....hince our trap speeds in the 1/4 mile. He has a better e.t. than me due to his 60' time.....I pamper mine out of the hole due to the "ol 10bolt"

Last edited by red fury; 04-02-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

I will be getting a Ram Adjustable Master cylinder soon! I took my car out tonight and when I try shifting at 6400rpm it takes a second to go in gear but seems fine at lower rpm.....I think this is an engagement issue.

Futral here i come!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Nice run, lets see the vid. Good kill.

Shane
Old 04-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Excellent. Die EVO die
Old 04-03-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bull99ls1
Evo's can be scary. Very nice kill
They give my car indigestion every time
Old 04-04-2005, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

I should get the vid tonight and will cut the fat from it and put it up.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good race story. I raced one from a 20 mph roll and had a hard time getting away from him until I hit 45 mph, then, it was a cake walk.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

I have the video......where do I go to have it hosted?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Now, nothing in the world would have pleased Brandon than to pass the Evo up....which he did....and then pass me up as the "chase" car but he was unable to make up any ground on me......He was given it all it had in so many words....
i was the driver of the chase car and as i recall i was about to crawl all up the *** of that camaro.

but that is a story for another day. i can send out the video if someone can host it. for some reason yousendit.com won't work for me. redfury has dial-up and i have high speed so i can send it much quicker.

the guy from florida that i raced is berry not alan and i can supply that vid to if needed.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Teching In

i got a link to work, get it now cause it won't last long
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...W1DS876NSHINCG
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Well the video don't lie 1bdbird.....but as you say that is another day.....and you know that was not the point of that statement.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Teching In

and you know that was not the point of that statement.
i know but i thought i would try to stir the **** for once since you are normally the one doing all the stirring

later
brandon
Old 04-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Teching In

ttttt
Old 04-06-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

nice kill and nice trap speed with just a TR224
Old 04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks KB.......I wish I would have gone a little bigger on the cam but that was almost 2yrs ago and I thought it was a pretty good size cam but today it is just a "lil cam" compared to the big sticks out there now. I can tell you one thing, I have not had a single problem with the car since putting that TR 224 cam in......well Jeff and Jason at ThunderRacing put it in!

Brian
Old 04-07-2005, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

1bdbird.........how in the hell do you think that you where crawlin up the camaro's ***???........OH, i see your talking about after I was on the breaks

You starting to sound like Chris......"ya our cars are about even" after we raced

Stir that Pot