Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need exhaust selection help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need exhaust selection help

Hey guys , so far i've asked alot of questions and have been very impressed with the amount of help you guys provide. So i'm here for another one.. I just ordered a fms f4 cam and was able to grab an ls6 intake aswell.. i just got my tax return and i really want to buy headers and y-pipe. I live in a very hilly area and my car is lowered an inch from factory, if i go over speedbumps i sometimes bottom out depending on how large they are. I really don't want short tube headers but i was wondering if anyone here has the same situation and was able to find a good set of headers that didnt jeopardize ground clearance too much. Also i would like to spend no more than 650 for everything. Any help would be much appreciated! thanks in advance guys
Old 04-03-2005, 06:22 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Stay away from the SLP longtubes they hang the lowest. I have the Pacesetter LT's on my car, they tuck up real nice. I have not had any problems with them scraping over speed bumps or anything like that. The price for them is going to well under 650.00. Same goes with the Jet Hots, they are little bit more expensive than the Pacesetters though. This thread might help you a little... https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/48629-header-clearence.html
Old 04-03-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like a dual setup but if clearence is an issue you might need a special setup. slp longtubes will scrape but pacesetter has some descent headers for a good price.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

awesome thanks guys