PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No drill idle mod throttle position voltage question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No drill idle mod throttle position voltage question.

I put a rivet in my TB and did the no drill mod using my HP tuner to scan. My question is that I read that you want to keep your throttle position voltage between .4-.6, throttle position should be between 2 and 3% at idle, and IAC counts between 40-60- lower is better.

I don't understand how you can open up the TB 2-3% without having a high IAC count, high voltage, and high idle.

The best I could do was open up the TB 1% and now I have a 55 IAC count, and .8voltage. I am in cell 19 at idle. Anything higher than 1% increased my IAC count, voltage, and idle. 3% gave me a 1400idle. Idle is set at 800.

This is what I did-

I turned off the car
Made idle screw adjustment with TPS(lower sensor on TB) unplugged
Turned ign. on and waited 30secs.
Turned off ign. and restored TPS connection
start car and rescan
repeat steps if needed
Old 04-10-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You want to stay within the .4 to .6 range, or I believe you have to change the cells in HPT or LS1 Edit to match the operating range.

I couldnt get mine to come down enough while still staying under .6volts, so I just drilled it and now my IAC are about constant 40 (down from 120) and my tps voltage is about .58 so its within range
Old 04-10-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

So, what you are saying is that I most remove the rivet to bring down my tps voltage?

So then, what is the point of the "no drill mod" if I still need to drill to bring down the TPS voltage?

Interesting.....Since the rivet job I performed, my ltfts at idle and part throttle have been +. Could my .81v, 1% throttle opening, and 55IAC count at idle somehow be making me lean out?