Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went from an Edit tune to HPT and runs like shit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went from an Edit tune to HPT and runs like ****

Read my friends 02 SS with my HPT, made a couple small adjustments, basically high octane table if I remember correctly. The car ran like absolute ****, popping, maxed out Trims that learned extremely slow and once you shut the car off, went back to unlearned. Threw Edit tune back in, no issues again. WTF??? I am going to double check to make sure I didnt accidently change something erroneously. Has anyone else seen something like this?
Charlie
Old 04-24-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shouldn't be any reason for this to occur other than the adjustments made..... the flashing procedure is the same regardless... 512 out 512 in .... I've flashed a few cars that have been LS1 Edit tuned ... no probs ... my PCM was originally tuned via LS1 Edit (all I could get in 01) and HPT had no problems.....

what exactly did you change? and when you threw the edit tune back in ... was it with ls1 edit or w/HPT ?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tweaked my LS1 Edit Tune with HPT and have no issues with performance. I actually am getting better driveability with the HPT. The smoothing function is real handy.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:43 AM
Restricted User

My 00Z was first Diablo'd, then Edit over that, and finally I am new to HPT but no issues with mine. I made minor adjustments after logging several miles of cruise and 4 track passes last night, I made some minor timing and PE at the track, HPT is the ****. But, with my buddies, I read it, and I can recall is changing the High Octane, lowered the timing as it was 33* or so and he likes Nitrous as much as I do. I think I also adjusted his MIN & MAX MAP in the Engine Diagnostics also to match mine 85/75 his were 85/65. But the car ran like absolute crap, popping, trims were at 50 and very slowly came down. Also, the car only hit 3 or 4 trim cells, which wasnt helping. It would clear up after driving for a while, like the trims were relearning, but as soon as you shut it off, the damn thing went through the whole act again. So, threw the original Edit tune back in and viola, it runs just as shitty as it did before I used HPT. Stumped.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive noticed on some prior LS1Edit vehicles that some tables are all bit-shifted to the left. In paticular, the:

IFR
PE
Main spark
All shift tables

Check all these for SANE values. LS1Edit only writes back table data. So if the ECM has been changed or an update applied to the OS it could have bit-shifted the table data and screwed the tune on reflashing with HPT.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Restricted User

MNR-0, if this was the case, and we reflashed with the old edit tune, it should be back to how it was originally correct? From my understanding this is not the case. My buddy reflashed his old Edit tune back in, and it was fine for about 10min, now running like poop again.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just check the tables. If they are right its not that. Tyring to help here...