Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Viper Spec Tranny, Spec 3, new hydraulics.. cant get into 1st now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Viper Spec Tranny, Spec 3, new hydraulics.. cant get into 1st now?

I just rolled 600 miles on the clutch for the break in. Now sometimes at the lights I cant get it into 1st gear(maybe once every couple of days the problem happens). It seems to be happening more and more frequently. Second gear is becoming a pita as well sometimes. Matter of fact, all gears seem to be a lot more notchy than they were just a week ago. What is going on? It has all new updated hydraulics with drill mod, complete Viper Spec tranny, Spec 3 clutch, new flywheel, everything. Everything was installed by a VERY reputable shop here in Indiana that is a sponsor of every board but this one. So they know what they are doing.

This being my first performance manual transmission car. I dont know what to look for and where to start trouble shooting. The clutch pedal feels fine, not super light or heavy, and never increases pressure or resistance. It also starts to grab about 2 inches from the floor and I can slip it from there until it completely grabs about 2" from the top of the motion. It will grab anywhere if I just let off or dump. But I havent done a huge dump yet to complete the break in. I have dumped it around 2500 and it just rolled the tires until I let out.

Where do i start guys? Need to complete this drivetrain before I sell or I add a serious power adder.

EDIT: Also note that this thing felt like butter when I first pulled it out of the shop. It was by far the smoothest thing I have ever shifted thus far.

Thanks
Brandon

Last edited by BrandonSS; 04-26-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

man, i would say either no full disengagement on the clutch or you should just take it back to the shop and have them find and fix the problem.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tuffluck
man, i would say either no full disengagement on the clutch or you should just take it back to the shop and have them find and fix the problem.
I agree... however they are almost 2 hours away and I work tues-sat 7-4 and they are only open tues-sat 9-6. So I really have no way of getting it up there. I was just on STD from work so I have no days to take off unless I schedule 2 weeks+ for my vacation time.

Quick Reply: New Viper Spec Tranny, Spec 3, new hydraulics.. cant get into 1st now?