Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

650 Rwhp Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 650 Rwhp Clutch

Just Finished My Turbo Set Up, Anyone Have 600rwhp Or More? What Cutch R U Guys Running? Differences On Drivebility Of The Mecleod And Spec 3. I Found Out About Exedy's New Clutch, But It Big Bucks, Is It Worth The Xtra $$$?
Old 04-27-2005, 09:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mcloed's driveability is just like a stock clutch and is nice but thier hub/s on thier disc is made of softer metal than the input shaft. Then with any HP in will round off the hub then round off the input shaft. This has happened to me at least 3 times and the last time I had to get my tranny rebuilt because the splines were completely gone on the input shaft. As for the driveability of the spec clutch I couldn't tell ya because mine only lasted 82 miles before it came apart while driving under 3000 rpm's. But I have a stage 4 maybe the 3 will be differant for you. If you find a clutch that actually works and holds up to what the manufactor says please let me know I'd need/want one just like you do !!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
Mcloed's driveability is just like a stock clutch and is nice but thier hub/s on thier disc is made of softer metal than the input shaft. Then with any HP in will round off the hub then round off the input shaft. This has happened to me at least 3 times and the last time I had to get my tranny rebuilt because the splines were completely gone on the input shaft. As for the driveability of the spec clutch I couldn't tell ya because mine only lasted 82 miles before it came apart while driving under 3000 rpm's. But I have a stage 4 maybe the 3 will be differant for you. If you find a clutch that actually works and holds up to what the manufactor says please let me know I'd need/want one just like you do !!!!
SO HOWS THAT STAGE 4 LASTING SO FAR? DO YOU RECONMEND IT>?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Stay away from SPEC 3/4 (same tq rating) with that much rwhp, considering you may be around the same tq or this might happen:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/313405-clutch-exploded.html

if you have the money, go exedy.