Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Is the Clutch gone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is the Clutch gone?

My car in every gear just revs up in the rpm's and wont hardly go. It just slips. Is the clutch gone or is it the slave cyl.? If it is the clutch, what should i go with, i have a centerforce right now. Thanks, Casey
Old 05-03-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like slippage to me sir. I am getting ready to have my Ram HD powergrip installed. I was very close to buying the VDS system that Ram makes but that seems more for people who launch there car. LG motorsports had a helluva deal going on with the ram VDS kit.

BTW what year is your car, do you have the updated 01-02 slave and drill mod done? Are you going to be a heavy launcher from the line or more street driving with some frisky launching? How many miles are on the clutch that you have installed now? and last but not least how much HP and TRQ are you thowing down?

J
Old 05-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is a 2000. I dont think i updated the slave. I will probably launch every now and then. Wont go to the track all the time, its my everyday ride. I have probably close to 30,000 on the centerforce. I dynod 400rwhp and 389rwtq.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well sounds like one of the two huh... I guess if you pull the clutch out you can inspect them both. I bought a new master from Ram (adj), GM SLAVE updated**, Ram Powergrip w/billet steel flywheel, as well I have a Ram throw-out bearing but the new slave already has one installed heh. So when I have my setup done every will be getting replaced -the clutch pedal,clutch resv.and lines. I have had a z06 clutch installed by the dealer 2years into owning the car, and still I have a problem with the pedal not wanting come up off the floor board. GRR so I hope this works. I hope you get your issue fixed as well. Good luck to ya. I have part # for the GM slave if you need it.

J