Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Cam to get???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Cam to get???

got an '02 SS and wantin to do a cam swap but will have to wait for heads later on

just wanna know what the biggest cam i can go with for my car,its an automatic, so whats the biggest before i will need a convertor???

i drive the car most of the time but i still want a lopey idle, i deffinatly want it noticable not just a lil bump

or what would be the best to go with if i had a stall??? what all supporting mods would i need???(tuning,injectors,plugs,etc....???)

still want drivability but good sound and performance at the same time

thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 01:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing that everybody with an auto is told: Get a converter first.

For supporting mods it is recommended to get subframe connectors (SFC), converter, shift kit, trans cooler, trans temp gauge, lid, full exhaust (headers, preferably longtubes or at least mac mids and either a y-pipe and cat-back or duals), and drag radials first.
If you get all those things you will have a good base upon which to add a cam. A few suspension mods wouldn't hurt either. Lower control arms (LCA's), torque arm (TA), and/or a panhard rod.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/213148-jrp-s-faq-commonly-asked-questions.html

Most important link, in relation to this post, from his sig: http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...threadid=19550
Old 05-15-2005, 06:19 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree. don't even think about a cam without a converter. Also, a lopey idle with an automatic is not your friend.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Also, a lopey idle with an automatic is not your friend.
ESPECIALLY without a converter. But with one....

My car is an auto and lopes like a ****.