Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another grudge match...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 03:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another grudge match...

Seems like my car attracts little pecker-heads who think that their car is much faster than mine, but never want to try me.

Last Saturday, I was cruising along, minding my own business, when this little group of ricers, led by this old wedge-body Supra, come flying up on my bumper. The Supra is on my ***, trying to push me outta the way when there's a perfectly good lane to the right. I got tired of that and gassed it a little bit, but he still followed me. Well, I'm not dumb enough to race on the main drag here, that's begging for a ticket. So I motion for him to follow me, I was gonna take him out to the edge of town, where we all race. At the last moment, the little ***** chickened out and turned back towards town. I didn't follow him, 'cause I had to meet up with some friends.

I got back to town 30 mins later, parked, and hung out ( in the middle portion of the main drag here ), and the little ****** kept short-cruising by. I got tired of that and went to chase him down, but he ducked down some side street, and I couldn't find him. Of course, I was pissed, but it didn't end there...

Our paths happen to cross when I'm going to/from work, and I'm always stuck at a light at a right angle to him. He pisses me off by staring at me and revving it every time I'm stuck at a light.

I went out tonight for the sole purpose of calling him out. I found him at a gas station, so I rolled by, put it in 2nd, then nailed it. I did it a few more times to make sure I got his attention . He came out and we went out to "the spot", and started goin' at it. The first race put me at a disadvantage because he wouldn't slow down below 85. I let him take the hit. After about a second, I hit it, and my car stayed in 3rd and had to pull out of the basement. A few seconds later, I passed his ***, doing about 120. We turned around and went again, this time from about 55. I let him have the hit again. I was at the top of 2nd, and I ***-raped him. I instantly pulled him and proceeded to put a buslength on him.

We stopped at a light and talked for a second. The first thing he said was "How much are you boosting?", I was confused and told him that I was all-motor, bolt-ons only. His next question was "How much power do you have, 500 hp?", I told him hell no, I was making only 325 hp, 340 tq, if I were making that much, he'd still be wondering where I went. He looked shocked. We stopped at the Krispy Kreme and he told me that his Supra was stock, even though I could see a boost gauge, boost controller, and when he popped his hood, an aftermarket wastegate, and he had a straight pipe from the turbo back. He said that since he saw my pillar gauges (Phantom water and trans temp), he thought that I had a turbo.

Sorry for the long story and all, but I thought I'd share my kill, and the stupidity of ricers everywhere.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jet_black
Seems like my car attracts little pecker-heads who think that their car is much faster than mine, but never want to try me.

Last Saturday, I was cruising along, minding my own business, when this little group of ricers, led by this old wedge-body Supra, come flying up on my bumper. The Supra is on my ***, trying to push me outta the way when there's a perfectly good lane to the right. I got tired of that and gassed it a little bit, but he still followed me. Well, I'm not dumb enough to race on the main drag here, that's begging for a ticket. So I motion for him to follow me, I was gonna take him out to the edge of town, where we all race. At the last moment, the little ***** chickened out and turned back towards town. I didn't follow him, 'cause I had to meet up with some friends.

I got back to town 30 mins later, parked, and hung out ( in the middle portion of the main drag here ), and the little ****** kept short-cruising by. I got tired of that and went to chase him down, but he ducked down some side street, and I couldn't find him. Of course, I was pissed, but it didn't end there...

Our paths happen to cross when I'm going to/from work, and I'm always stuck at a light at a right angle to him. He pisses me off by staring at me and revving it every time I'm stuck at a light.

I went out tonight for the sole purpose of calling him out. I found him at a gas station, so I rolled by, put it in 2nd, then nailed it. I did it a few more times to make sure I got his attention . He came out and we went out to "the spot", and started goin' at it. The first race put me at a disadvantage because he wouldn't slow down below 85. I let him take the hit. After about a second, I hit it, and my car stayed in 3rd and had to pull out of the basement. A few seconds later, I passed his ***, doing about 120. We turned around and went again, this time from about 55. I let him have the hit again. I was at the top of 2nd, and I ***-raped him. I instantly pulled him and proceeded to put a buslength on him.

We stopped at a light and talked for a second. The first thing he said was "How much are you boosting?", I was confused and told him that I was all-motor, bolt-ons only. His next question was "How much power do you have, 500 hp?", I told him hell no, I was making only 325 hp, 340 tq, if I were making that much, he'd still be wondering where I went. He looked shocked. We stopped at the Krispy Kreme and he told me that his Supra was stock, even though I could see a boost gauge, boost controller, and when he popped his hood, an aftermarket wastegate, and he had a straight pipe from the turbo back. He said that since he saw my pillar gauges (Phantom water and trans temp), he thought that I had a turbo.

Sorry for the long story and all, but I thought I'd share my kill, and the stupidity of ricers everywhere.
Damn ricers always duck lefts and rights when u answer back....LOL, on the other hand..Great Kill
Old 05-22-2005, 06:11 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting tidbit of info in here:

Guages = Boost

Well, at least to the ricer crowd. I think I found my next mod

Nice kill!
Old 05-22-2005, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Guages = Boost

Well, at least to the ricer crowd. I think I found my next mod
Even if they dont have FI.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Great kill, liked the way you went out looking for him.Way to get some revenge
Old 05-22-2005, 01:17 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

i woulod like to see the look on his face after seeing a 500rwhp car.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

id just guess that you have a little more than 325, even at the wheels with your setup...but funny stupid ricers. if gauges = 500 hp im ordering autometer's catalog tomorrow
Old 05-23-2005, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
i woulod like to see the look on his face after seeing a 500rwhp car.
Maybe after I eventually do the 408 and 250 shot of direct port I'll be able to show him a 700rwhp car.

Love the new sig, but you forgot to mention the power-adding synthetic muffler bearings!
Old 05-24-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont forget that a 500 HP supra runs 13's. j/k guys, no hate...