Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test fit my HPE Ring today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test fit my HPE Ring today...

Well, sorry for no pics, but I need to finish up a few things and I am embarassed about how filthy my engine bay is .
I ordered the HPE Dual Nozzle Ring last year while in Afghanistan, and just finally got back a bit ago, decided to test fit this morning. I had to sand down the lip of the MAF end a little bit to get a complete deep seal, but that was minor. Not sure how it would look/work/connect with a lid, but as of now I am running the FIPK, so it fits great. Ring on TB, MAF into Ring, and then the FIPK Oval tubing onto MAF and filter, talk about a tight seal!
I have to get a new tap to finish the nozzle holes, it appears the holes werent fully tapped, the nozzle only threads in enough to get the tip out the other side, but I want to get it fully seated so it will project the discharge more centered into the TB. Should have this done this weekend during our 4day, and will get some pics up. Just wanted to share a happy story.
I plan on popping a 150 out of the hole with it, 75 ea side. Then maybe stepping it up to the 200shot, but I really need to take it easy on the replacement rearend so I might wuss out and go 175 again....like lifting the fronts at the line is taking it easy on the rearend