Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default couple questions

I'm going to be installing the Walbro 255 pump. I did a search but I couldn't find instructions on how to do it, and what fuel canistor modifications are needed.

I want to drop the tank, not cut in from the top. what all is involved with droping the tank? can someone give me some help/instructions or the time that it'll take to do it?

also, how do I wire up the walbro to the stock harness? probably pretty simple. should I dare to sodder it together or just use wire crimps?

thanks guys!
Old 05-25-2005, 03:23 AM
TECH Junkie

nobody??
Old 05-26-2005, 05:25 AM
TECH Junkie

nobody can help me??.............
Old 05-26-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

i've not done it yet but my friend dropped his tank without removing the rear.he said a little prying but not much.good luck.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

The exhaust has to be dropped out of the way. I believe there were two fuel lines that needed to be disconnected. Remove the two bolts holding the tank clamps on. It should be able to drop down from there. Twist the ring lock and unplug the wiring and pull the pump and sending unit out. The bottom of that is cut out, and all the stock interconnect is removed. The pump needs to be secured to the side of the bucket. I cut four holes in that and used platic ties to hold it in place. Buy some fuel line with metal screw clamps to the stock top piece. I soldered the wires for the bosch pump to the stock wiring, and heat shrinked the lines. Reverse the process to reinstall. Make sure the pump is low enough in the tank.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by strokedls1
The exhaust has to be dropped out of the way. I believe there were two fuel lines that needed to be disconnected. Remove the two bolts holding the tank clamps on. It should be able to drop down from there. Twist the ring lock and unplug the wiring and pull the pump and sending unit out. The bottom of that is cut out, and all the stock interconnect is removed. The pump needs to be secured to the side of the bucket. I cut four holes in that and used platic ties to hold it in place. Buy some fuel line with metal screw clamps to the stock top piece. I soldered the wires for the bosch pump to the stock wiring, and heat shrinked the lines. Reverse the process to reinstall. Make sure the pump is low enough in the tank.

do you have any pictures? if so could you email me them to **cold1313@gmail.com** and where can I find the wiring diagram for the bosch pump? This a pretty easy install? how much time would you think? I'll be doing it on a car lift, so that'll maybe make things a little easier
Old 05-27-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have any pictures. You need to remve the filler hose also at the gas door. I think it was 2 screws. Not to hard, but does take some time if you need to remove the exhaust. I have side pipes so I can pull mine in 15 minutes. Wiring is just positive and negative to the pump. I don't remember the wiring colors off hand. I always do it on jacks stands and so I don't know if a lift would make it go much quicker. Just take your time so you don't break anything. Test the pump out on a drive before reinstalling the exhaust. Placement height and hose clamp tightness are crucial for things to work right.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks a lot!

i'm ordering the pump on tuesday

could you PM me your email or phone number, so I could give you a call incase I have a problem with the install? I appreciate it!
Old 05-28-2005, 03:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

jmh75@earthlink.net
Old 05-28-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

thanks!