Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limp home mode

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limp home mode

Does anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? I read its because the converter slips alot so the computer thinks something is wrong and sets the code. I thought it was because my lock-up was set too high at 45 but this is the second time its happened. The first time I had the tunner bring down my lock-up mph to 37 and it worked for a while. Now it just happened again. It goes into limp home mode and the ses light comes on. Once the car is shut off its back to normal but the ses light stays on. Now I have to go have it reset. Its a pain in the ***. Do you guys with big stalls just deal with this or is there a way to fix it. My tunner said its not a good idea to just turn off the code but he also said I should change my shift solenoids. I don't think they are bad with 28K on the car. Plus other guys have tried replacing them with no luck on fixing this problem. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Lou
Old 06-09-2005, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

I have the same problem. Driving around in in 3 instead of D takes care of it for me. Eventually I would like to get the code deleted but for now this method works.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

Cool thanks. Does it keep the ses light off?
Old 06-12-2005, 01:10 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah just stay in drive until you need OD and it's less wear and tear on the tranny. It's also just an over all good practice. Deleting the code via tuning will take care of the problem also or getting the tuning lined out so your lock up speed is correct.