Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I posted anything. I've been busy. I'm starting a class this term due to my promotion at work. I've got a couple of new toys too. Man, it's nice to have money left after paying the bills for a change.
I finally got Betty washed up and ready for pics w/her new shoes today. I think I made an awesome choice. The guy at Firestone had to call around just to find anything in stock somewhere that would fit. No one has much of anything to fit these cars in stock. I got the lighter weight of a painted wheel, but the chrome lip I wanted.
I had to modify the wheels a bit to get them on the hub, but other than that all went well.
They are 18" x 7.5" wide, and have a 45 offset. They weigh about 24 lbs.. I put 235/40/18s on all around, (for now.) No rubbing issues. It'll be cool when I put the springs and shocks on which will make it sit lower.
Here's some pix.
I'll throw in a pic. of the new 61" LCD HDTV my wife had to have too. HD rules!! I wish there were more HD channels out there. BTW that's Rhys(sp?) Millen in his drift racing GTO on the TV there.
Hope everyone is well. I do keep up on what's going on, but don't always post if I don't have something to contribute.

Happy Motoring,

Maximental
Attached Thumbnails Hello everyone!-im000343.jpg   Hello everyone!-im000344.jpg   Hello everyone!-im000349.jpg   Hello everyone!-im000325.jpg  
Old 06-21-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Regular

welcome back

you should give me two of your stock wheels so i can toss some DRs on them

Old 06-22-2005, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

Very nice new shoes. The ride looks awsome.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

NICE! Hard to find nice looking wheels that fit the GTOs. What are they Max? What did they cost?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice! I love that color and the Wheels look Great!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Veteran

DUDE!!!!!!

Nice shoes.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Veteran

The more you all post pictures of them with some parts that don't look ricer, the more I'm starting to like them.

That really does look nice
Old 06-22-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

"It's got to be the shoes!"
Old 06-22-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A little lip looks good on these goats.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Default uh,,,

Originally Posted by Nathan
welcome back

you should give me two of your stock wheels so i can toss some DRs on them

I might consider a sale, eventually.
I haven't made up my mind what's gonna happen to them. The stock tires have about 50% treadwear left on them, and I was gonna put them back on for the winter. The tires I put on the 18s are summer tires, I'm not too thrilled with the idea of using them in the winter, even though we don't get much snow here.
I am also planning to upgrade my brakes, and once I do that I probly won't be able to use the stock wheels anymore. I just don't know when things are gonna happen yet.
Did you know that the stock wheels are kinda heavy anyways? If you wanted to get something really good for your DRs, you might look for something a little lighter. (IMO) With my new wheel\tire combo I shaved 6.5 #s from each corner of the car.
Of course, free would have been a very good price, eh? There are a few people around who are willing to buy the stock wheels.
One last thought, my wife would kill me.

Maximental
Old 06-22-2005, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Default wheels

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
NICE! Hard to find nice looking wheels that fit the GTOs. What are they Max? What did they cost?
They are MSR style 105s. The set of 4 cost me $520 at Firestone. BTW, I think I got the only set of wheels that would fit a GTO to be had on the West Coast. I liked the TSWs I was looking at, but they cost twice as much, and who knows if they have any in stock, (I doubt it.)
MSR is a division of American Eagle Wheels. Yeah, I know, kinda cheap. Maybe if I win the lottery I can have what I want custom made.
One of the boxes for these wheels was marked, "3 series only." I assume that meant "BMW 3 series only." I thought "ha ha, made 'em work anyways."
I like the colors, and the shape of these wheels, they work really well with my car. I keep checking things off my want list slowly but surely. Maybe in a month or two I'll have enough done so that I can be proud to show off my car with some of you guys's, instead of feeling like I'm the guy with the "average" date at the dance, while you guys dance with the cheer leaders.

Happy motoring,

Maximental