Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New thread for the SARDOG

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New thread for the SARDOG

Hey dude,

Tell us about your trip across this great land (at least parts of it). Tell us about the homeland (southeast that is). How the hell are you? Don't leave us hanging. FYI, I have been in contact with A&A Corvettes about either an ATI or Vortech blower after I took this guy's Vortech Z out for a spin in the Snohomish hillside. Damn, I love those things!
Old 06-26-2005, 07:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Sardog I see a few quick post but we need a full report.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

Ok, Ok.

Well i ended up leaving on the 9th and driving well out of washington, that was my goal for the first leg. About 7:30 pm a decided to stop and get a room, but god forbide you have a dog, people look at you like your crazy, so ended up spending the night at a truck stop. Then to make things worse by the time i find one that is not packed it is like 9-10 pm. So i stop and go to let the dog out and as i am wlking over to the other side of the truck the dog steps on the doorlock button and **** I am looked out. Let me tell you thouth with the tool box in the back i pryed open the rear sliding window and somehow squeezed my fat *** in there, what a night.

day 2,
Start out first thing and drive for about 8 hours through montana, and those states throught pouring down rain the hole day, I think it followed me accross the plains. when it did clear thougth i found out that the truck will pull the trailor great about 100mph Didn't mean to get it going that fast but it was a smooth ride at that speed. Also started talking on the cb with the truckers, and damn they loved the car, evryone of them wanted to know how fast it was, were i raced, were i was going, had some real good conversations about that damn thing, but it helped me to start having them watch my back on the road which was cool, sort of like smokey nd the bandit. That night I styayed in the days inn, and that is where i ran into the top fuel team. I don't remember the drivers name but they were a ihra team, this was probely the highlight of the trip, bunch of really cool guys, we swaped stories, and had a few beers at the local bar. then later that night they fired that thing up and good damn, it was cool.

Day 3
today i set out for the rest of the trip through st llois and down thrugh tennesee. Boy when i crossed into tenn fist thing that happens is I get pulled over But ended up being nothing but one of the good old boys asking about the car and wanting to check to make shure it was mine, cause it had no plates on it, yes thats right lost the licencse plate on day 2. Oh well. Crossed into georgia, and boy did i have a smile on my face it was a great feeling. After i finaly got home it was cold beer and home cooking, my grandma came over the next day and made fried chicken.

SO far it has been great, not much racing going on since i did finally blow a head gasket, this heat without a retune=detonation like a mother, Times were alot slower also in the heat, but oh well. New gaskets and head studs should be here mon-tues then it is down to gmmg to get it dyno tuned for this coast. I will post up numbers when i get back from there on fri
Old 06-26-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

**** Jason that's about the kind of trip I would expect you to have lol ! I guess the dog didn't appreciate those 100 mph speeds huh ?! Trying to lock you out like that, I think you need to have a talk with that mutt .... guess he didn't like the "Navigator" position while you were ORRing towing a race car Maybe he'd feel better with a helmet on ? You might have started a whole new class j/k !
Old 06-26-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, is it just me or could we turn this into a low budget movie and make millions off it? Of course we would embellish the details here and there and throw in some naked girls. I love cross country trips! Never have been lucky enough to get locked out of my own car though.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ram-it
Never have been lucky enough to get locked out of my own car though.
And by your own dog ! Talk about a slap in the face huh ? haha ! If your own dog locks you out then that REALLY says something about your driving IMO j/k ! Jason says it towed great at that speed, but why am I envisioning a car trailer whipping back and forth violently, half in the ditch around corners throwing dirt everywhere, and a redneck dude, with a beer between his knee's singing the theme song to "Smokey and the Bandit" ?
Old 06-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Racehead
Jason says it towed great at that speed, but why am I envisioning a car trailer whipping back and forth violently, half in the ditch around corners throwing dirt everywhere, and a redneck dude, with a beer between his knee's singing the theme song to "Smokey and the Bandit" ?
Ha! No ****! "drove fine at a hundred" to HIM, it did. fuggin wildman
Old 06-26-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn good to see you made it man!

Bummer about the gaskets. it will be better till the big motor slides in

Great deal about the trucker. That haul from Salt lake to KC is a long bitch. Always seemed no matter how fast I went it took forever

Keep in touch!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

I am going to have a talk with that bitch alright.

Wow Bill how did you know

Yhea the gaskets suck but atleast it didn't **** anything else up, they blew about the 1/8 on the juice and a replay of the wideband shows about 21-1 when they let lose so i guesss i am pretty luckey, had antifreeze evrywhere, took me two days to get it all out. You could see the gasket pushed out the bottom of the head

It was a fun trip just long as hell
Old 06-27-2005, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Post up that vid and some pics!!
Old 06-27-2005, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

I don't have a vidoe, but will post a pick of the head gasket later today, it's pretty sick
Old 06-27-2005, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

Sounds like you had an eventful trip buddy! Seems like moving cross-country is always an experience. At least it wasn't in January.... Hope you get the car straightened out!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sardog46
I don't have a vidoe, but will post a pick of the head gasket later today, it's pretty sick
What about those brakes? I need to do something to mine pretty darned quick. If your not ready to let them go yet, let me know so I can buy some new stuff in a few weeks.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sardog46
Heh can't wait to see that... that's ok though, knowing you you'll fix it up and it'll run better and badder than before.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ram-it
Hey dude,

Tell us about your trip across this great land (at least parts of it). Tell us about the homeland (southeast that is). How the hell are you? Don't leave us hanging. FYI, I have been in contact with A&A Corvettes about either an ATI or Vortech blower after I took this guy's Vortech Z out for a spin in the Snohomish hillside. Damn, I love those things!
I'm thinking about doing the same let me know if you decide to pull the trigger and the $$$. I might hold off for about 3 months til' they finish up the KB for our C5's.