Sponsored by:

Need some LS1 Edit Tuning Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 06:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some LS1 Edit Tuning Help

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying fo a week now to try and get rid of a knock problem I have. Basically, between shifts (lift throttle), I get high LTFT's and the PCM for a moment adds back a lot of timing from the part throttle portion of the table. When I go back to WOT in the next gear, I pick up knock retard (5-6 degrees) which slowly goes away (ie..not picking up more knock) but is not gone before the next shift and the same thing happens again.

I have fooled around with the High/Low Octane tables to remove timing at part throttle points but then the car feels like a dog at part throttle. I have tried to play with the VE table but it seems to drastically affect fueling. Other than at the shifts, my LTFT's are zero at WOT.

A question too, does the BASE Spark table come into play when you lift the throttle for a shift (ie. the throttle is closed). If so, I may need to reduce timing in that table as well.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email me directly, I will fix your problem for you. Jessebubb@yahoo.com
Old 06-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying fo a week now to try and get rid of a knock problem I have. Basically, between shifts (lift throttle), I get high LTFT's and the PCM for a moment adds back a lot of timing from the part throttle portion of the table. When I go back to WOT in the next gear, I pick up knock retard (5-6 degrees) which slowly goes away (ie..not picking up more knock) but is not gone before the next shift and the same thing happens again.

I have fooled around with the High/Low Octane tables to remove timing at part throttle points but then the car feels like a dog at part throttle. I have tried to play with the VE table but it seems to drastically affect fueling. Other than at the shifts, my LTFT's are zero at WOT.

A question too, does the BASE Spark table come into play when you lift the throttle for a shift (ie. the throttle is closed). If so, I may need to reduce timing in that table as well.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
KR during shifts, that goes away is 90% of the time caused by header/Y-pipe/or exhaust banging on something underneath the car. Run some racing gas thru the car and go WOT. If it still does it, put your spark tables back the way they were. Spark is not your problem. Look underneath the car.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Look at deceleration fuel cutoff (DFCO) and search for
what others have done to massage it or kill it; I don't
have any experience messing with it on my A4 car
since I never lift throttle when accelerating. But this
"feature" seems to be the root of the high trims and
some lean-aftertaste type KR for some folks.