Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming soon project.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming soon project.....

Should be installing some of this stuff, ok, all of it, by end of July. Just waiting on time, and an Oil Pump.
Attached Thumbnails Coming soon project.....-347-rt-side.jpg   Coming soon project.....-arms-front.jpg   Coming soon project.....-business-end-hpe-nx-dual-nozzle.jpg   Coming soon project.....-rear-k.jpg  
Old 06-30-2005, 11:53 PM
Restricted User

Details, I know:

Engine:
347ci, stock crank, CompStar Rods w/ARP bolts, Diamond -2cc Top Ceramic/Side Shedding forged pistons, Cloyes Hex-Adjust timing set Jwiss Chain, cam by EDC 231/242 .6307/.6222 114*LSA (spec'd for 300shots).
Awaiting Oil Pump.
Will use current PP 5.3L S2 heads, LS6 Intake, Jet Hot 1 3/4" LTs, ASP Pulley, TR6 plugs for daily use and TR8s for racing.

Front End Components:
Used PA Racing CM K Member and A Arms. Should get them powdercoated, but that would defeat the budget building. Since the pic, the rear mounts have been notched for more header clearance, will be going to Kooks 1 7/8 or stepped to 2", also cutoff the manual rack mount.

Nitrous:
Running Triple Insulated -4 Main Feed, Dyno Tune Solenoids, NX 2x -3 Y fittings, -3 lines to NX Dual Shark Nozzles fitted in an HPE Billet housing for stock TB and MAF. Jets, well, have a couple different packages, 75 each side, 100each, 125 one set, 150 each and 200 each. Gives me from 150, 175, 200, 225, 250, 275, 300, 325, 350, 400 combos. Dont think I will be going past 200 until I upgrade the main line and get some Progressive controller to maintain a flat torque range and massive horse power, as well a dedicated fuel system (most likely the washer replacement one from NX).

NOT PICTURED but waiting for install:
Fuddle Racing 3800 stall 2.5str 9" TC
UMI Relocation Brackets
Rt Rear Airbag (make due until the Wolfe Drag Rear Swaybar)

Oh I cant wait to get it almost complete.....will they ever be "complete", I dont think so!

Charlie
Old 07-01-2005, 07:38 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

should scream, its a hell of alot of work putting one of these setups together. add to it getting jerked around with APE. who did the shortblock anyway? congrats I think you'll have a smokin setup
Old 07-01-2005, 07:45 AM
8 second mod

good luck, and no, never done!! these cars just suck the life out of you.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, a perpetual money hole, and never done allways something more to add/do. You have a pretty trick set-up going and looks like your prepared to kick some track azz. Good luck.
Robert
Old 07-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by koolrayz
should scream, its a hell of alot of work putting one of these setups together. add to it getting jerked around with APE. who did the shortblock anyway? congrats I think you'll have a smokin setup

Ray, how funny you mention the APE, thats who assembled this shortblock, well minus the oil pump. I have gone through everything, first look to verify all the correct parts are there, except the oil pump, what was ordered is there. Second look for torquing of all hardware, need to finish that part up, but so far its good. Supposed to be getting the oil pump in a few days, so should have everything else done by then.
After trial fitting the HPE Ring, I wish I had bought the NX Dual Nozzle MAF, but oh well. This is for temp use only. Dave and I have been sorting through DP's, so will upgrade to a lil DP later, and use a "Dry Shark Nozzle" for the beginner hit.
Last piece of the puzzle will be the rearend/TA/sway bar/OMG I need to order the Billingsley Fab'd 9 and associated pieces.

After everything in the last year or so, I hope this lil **** screams!

Thanks guys,

Charlie
Old 07-01-2005, 05:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Will be a sweet ride!

Good luck with everything!

Dean
Old 07-05-2005, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good Charlie.
Have fun.
Dave
Old 07-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Restricted User

Dean thanks hopefully luck will only be a factor for the 200 on stock bottom and not needed on the 347!

Dave, I'm telling you man, I need to get my order in for some bottles, hopefully will be able to call it in soon. Might need some more jets as well. Somehow I ended up the recipient of a free Shark Nozzle, so might put a couple dry lines in on a third solenoid
Old 07-05-2005, 11:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CAT3
Dean thanks hopefully luck will only be a factor for the 200 on stock bottom and not needed on the 347!

Dave, I'm telling you man, I need to get my order in for some bottles, hopefully will be able to call it in soon. Might need some more jets as well. Somehow I ended up the recipient of a free Shark Nozzle, so might put a couple dry lines in on a third solenoid
LOL,
You cant beat the price FREE.
Let me know when your ready.
Thanks
Dave