Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine IVA-D900..Bypass Video?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alpine IVA-D900..Bypass Video?

Im about to sell a truck of mine and in trade getting a brand new Alpine IVA-D900. I was reading some documentation and web pages about it and the process to be able to watch a DVD on this thing is ridiculous! Hit the brake pedal three times and have the E-brake pulled.

I know it's not exactly legal, but I'd like for passengers to be able to watch while the car is moving. I found some pulse generators on ebay that could mimick it, but I don't want to throw down 30 bucks on something if anyone knows of another way to rig it up so to speak. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be some kind of override, I remember the Kenwood Excelons having a override...
Old 07-01-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you can't spend $30 bucks (which I did & highly suggest). Just go to radio shack and buy 1 momentary button & 1 switching button. Wire them up to the radio leads to mimic the input of the break pedal & handle. mount them anywhere, or just leave them dangling between in the console or between the seat and console. $5 & problem solved.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Pac makes the plug in .....
http://www.pac-audio.com/
Old 07-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Charging TA
There should be some kind of override, I remember the Kenwood Excelons having a override...
The Kenwoods just use a ground switch.. very easy!! Alpine made it more difficult!!! BASTARDS!
Old 07-05-2005, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked to a few old friends down at Anderson Audio in Atlanta and they were able to recommend a piece specifically for the Alpine that would do everything I needed and just thought I'd share it.

It's the Stinger PTR-7 and without switches or too much wiring, does exactly what you want it to do so that dvd watching while in motion can be possible.

Quick Reply: Alpine IVA-D900..Bypass Video?