Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 intake (Pre install)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls6 intake (Pre install)

i know i know use the search button well i did but still have a few questions.
1. i bought the intake new and it doesnt have padding on the bottom do i need it.
2. i already have !EGR/!AIR tubes ect/throttle body bypass/2 gm coolant plugs
3 this is where i am confused,what else do i need. I have read u need a pipe, but in the ls1 how to it says quote "Here you can see the 2 pipes are now installed, with the plugged one going on the back and the unplugged one up front (this is the hose that normally runs to the throttle body, unless you have the TB Bypass mod) ". i didnt see anyone on here who used two pipes, i just need one right.

i just want to have everything situated before i dive into a project.
Thanks
Ryan
Old 07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My slp intake didn't come with the foam padding on it either, and I didn't transfer it from my old ls1 intake to the ls6 intake. On second thought, I probably should have after seeing what was under the old ls1 intake. If I had to do it over again I would. I'm sure the padding helps keep water from getting to the knock sensor.

The install guide on ls1howto.com hooked of the coolant crossover tubes differently than the slp instructions describe. Both ways work. Just use the slp instructions on their site as a cross referrence.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:57 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

1. I am pretty sure you do.
2. You need one front coolant crossover pipe, and 2 rear coolant plugs - the part number for the pipe is 12581213.
Hope this helps you, and good luck with the install.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

thanks, i just ordered one up. damn i should of checked slp before i bought from gmparts direct. i would of saved $$$ because there kit already comes with everything.