Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Starting to edit my audio

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting to edit my audio

I need some help definitly!

So I have a 12" Diamond Audio sub that I'm going to put in my 02 Trans Am, I'm going to make a box and it will fit in the small little cubby hole..

I also bought a HiFonics Zeus ZX4000 Amplifier 400 rms...

What else am I going to have to plan on? I have the stock Monsoon 500 watt sound system, am I going to have to change anything with it, or any recommendations from anybody or words of wisdom? Thank you very much!
Old 07-18-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Read the FAQ thread at the top of this forum. That should answer everything you want.

In short, you will need a line output convertor to connect your amp to the stock headunit. Also, RCA's to actually connect the amp and a regular amp wiring kit. Total $$ should be around $70-$80 for all. Check out www.knukonceptz.com for wiring. And good luck with the box. Not impossible by any means, but not easy. I suggest using fiberglass if you're not already. If you haven't worked with fiberglass in the past, don't worry. I found it extremely easy to work with.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

You can get a box from www.subthump.com, but they only come cut for a 8" or 10" sub. A 12" sub would need more space I think.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Yea I wish someone sold a box for a 12" for the stealth box..

THANKS FIREBIRDUDE!!!!

Other comments also please! This is a huge step/decision for me