Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ramchargers timing tuner with MSD window switch box question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Banned

Location: BOSTON IS MY HOME, BUT NOW, IAM A PERMINENT VISITER HERE IN TAMPA.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramchargers timing tuner with MSD window switch box question

Can these two work toeghter or does the ramchargers timing box already have a built in window switch??

What I really want to do is use the ramchargers timing tuner just to retard the timing (cause im gonna set the timing to the hightest it can take N/A then retard the timing accordingaly to my nitrous shot) and use the MSD window switch for RPM activation control, is that possible???

Oh, btw this is going to be done on a 2001 corvette z06

thanks
Old 07-19-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Second Club

the MSD and timming box wont work together. been there and done that all kinds of probs. the timing box has a built in window switch you use. it has cut on and cut off points. works really well. the the little black box is awsome and does alot for the money it is. i love it. as i am with you i run motor 98% of the time. if i can help let me know
Old 07-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Banned

Location: BOSTON IS MY HOME, BUT NOW, IAM A PERMINENT VISITER HERE IN TAMPA.

Originally Posted by silverZ98
the MSD and timming box wont work together. been there and done that all kinds of probs. the timing box has a built in window switch you use. it has cut on and cut off points. works really well. the the little black box is awsome and does alot for the money it is. i love it. as i am with you i run motor 98% of the time. if i can help let me know

What kinda problems did u have??? So I can use the ramchargers built in window switch, cool. maby i could give u my cell # and i can talk on the phone is that cool??? im gonna pm you now with my #.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, there's no need for the MSD box since the Timing Tuner already has the window switch function built in to it. Have you purchased the Timing Tuner yet? The instruction booklet that comes with it will show you how to set the parameters for the switch. Isn't much to it at all.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:52 AM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

Deffinetly has a built in window switch, but you can get the 2 to work togethor. Can even get a Maximizer to work with it. It's realy very simple.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

probs i had was they inteferad with one anouther. no matter how much timming id take out it whould do anything. i talked along time on phone with guy that makes the tunner and told me to do away with the msd cause it was causeing probs with one anouther. and i did and now it works and takes out the timming it sopose too.