Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Quick, I Need Help Asap. Please Read!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick, I Need Help Asap. Please Read!!!!

When I put my LEFT turn signal on, the arrow on the dashboard stays solid green. It does not flash and it does not making that ticking noise. When I put the RIGHT signal on, it flashes and makes the ticking noise. The LEFT turn signal bulb does not light up. But when I put my lights on, or parking lights, then it lights up. Just not when I put my turn signal on. Is it something as easy as changing the bulb? Cause if the bulb was bad, why would it light up for all other function except the turn signal? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nikeair042; 07-28-2005 at 11:24 AM. Reason: wrong words
Old 07-28-2005, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nikeair042
When I put my LEFT turn signal on, the arrow on the dashboard stays solid green. It does not flash and it does not making that ticking noise. When I put the RIGHT signal on, it flashes and makes the ticking noise. The LEFT turn signal bulb does not light up. But when I put my lights on, or parking lights, then it lights up. Just not when I put my turn signal on. Is it something as easy as changing the bulb? Cause if the bulb was bad, why would it light up for all other function except the turn signal? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bulb is dead. It's a double filament so that's why it works with lights.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so, just replace the bulb and its all good? cause i put my hazards on, and the left turn signal bulb doesnt light up. It doesnt light up when i put the turn signal on. But it works with my daytime running lights and regular headlights on.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nikeair042
so, just replace the bulb and its all good? cause i put my hazards on, and the left turn signal bulb doesnt light up. It doesnt light up when i put the turn signal on. But it works with my daytime running lights and regular headlights on.
The flasher part of the bulb died. Replace the bulb and you're good. It's happened to me before more than once. You're either lucky or haven't had your car long if you haven't had to yet.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks man
Old 07-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Launching!

I have the same problem...but I replaced the bulb and it still does the same thing. Is the connector bad???
Old 08-01-2005, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98Ws698
I have the same problem...but I replaced the bulb and it still does the same thing. Is the connector bad???
In that case, it could be that your turn signal flicker thing is dead. They are cheap to replace tho, so you might as well give it a shot.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:25 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by contemptor
In that case, it could be that your turn signal flicker thing is dead. They are cheap to replace tho, so you might as well give it a shot.
Left and Right signals use the same flasher.
If one side works and the other doesnt, then its not the flasher.

Originally Posted by 98Ws698
In this case, the socket or the wires going to it have corroded or been damaged.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by VIP1
In this case, the socket or the wires going to it have corroded or been damaged.

Ive seen this in alot of firebirds.