Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Service the A/C

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Service the A/C

Question,
Where, how, and what type(brand) of R134a do I use to service my A/C? Its not cooling as good as it use too and I want to know how to service it.

NOS99Hawk
Old 08-01-2005, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

I just did mine because it would not blow cold air at all. It was not hard to do and took me all of 10 min. total time. I ran down to auto zone and bought a kit off the shelf for 35 dollars. It can with two 15oz cans of R134a and a cheap gauge. I just followed the directions in the kit. Remeber to have the car running when you refill it and have the a/c on high. The compressors in the car will not come on unless the is more than 20 or so pounds of pressure in the system. It took almost a can for it to kick back on in my case. Dont worry about it, it is easy to do.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

If your a/c is blowing warm it has a leak somewhere, a/c is a "sealed" (I use the term loosly) system but they always leak at some point. Depending on the size of the leak will make the difference in how long the vacuum holds and keeps refrigerant in. I'd bring it someplace and have them dye the system to check for leaks.