Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 M3 vs 99 SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 M3 vs 99 SS

My cousin wants to race me in his 2003 M3 6-speed. I have a M6 too with a lid, CB, and FTRA. He's stock! I know they have 333HP, but how will I do against him?? I'm thinking about betting him $50...
Old 08-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Teching In

You should get him, or it will be close
Old 08-25-2005, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

I think it will be close. You've probably got about 25ish more rwhp than him. It'll probably come down to weight, gearing and drivers.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

How good of a driver are you? Ever drag raced? If not then don't run him from a dig, he'll have a good chance of killing you with all his electronic bullshit and LSD and so on. Run him from a roll and don't miss a shift

Good luck
Old 08-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Teching In

hope this helps.

I raced one of those on the highway. We were neck and neck. The gearing on the M3 is awesome especialy top end. When we slowed down the passenger asked me if I was moded and when i told him no he was shocked. It should be a close race. Have fun
Old 08-25-2005, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

its a drivers race, with the SS having the edge cause it has more torque. if ur an equal or better driver than ur cousin u'll definetly win.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CarbonBlckM3
hope this helps.

I raced one of those on the highway. We were neck and neck. The gearing on the M3 is awesome especialy top end. When we slowed down the passenger asked me if I was moded and when i told him no he was shocked. It should be a close race. Have fun
what did he have done to his car?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
what did he have done to his car?
honeslty i have no clue. All i was able to hear was the exaust, dont know about anything else.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Couple of months ago, I was coming home late one night from the gym (this was posted at the other LS1 site before I moved here, sorry if you read this over there) and I see lights coming up fast behind me as I exit off the freeway. As the car gets closer, I see the "O ring" headlights, and recognize its a BMW. Ive got heavy tint on the back window, so I couldnt see the whole outline of the car, but I figure its a M5 or a 7 series. Theres a couple of M5s, 7s, and a lot of other expensive stuff up here. We head up the long hill toward the homes, but I'm cruising at about 45 mph, so the BMW comes around me and briskly passed me. It was late, and I really wasnt in the mood, but as he passed me, he let off the gas and kinda drifted back so we're side by side, then he moves off again. When he's next to me, I look over and recognize the side vent on the front fender and see its an M3. Hes ahead of me, and we roll up to the midway point on the hill, and theres a stop sign. The M3 was just sitting there waiting, (he had been there about 10 seconds) Duh, at this time, I kinda wake up and clue in that maybe "Mr M3" is lookin for a run. I ease up next to him at the stop sign. Dont even look over at him.
We sit there dead even for a couple of seconds, but I say "**** it", and light up the tires across the intersection. He moves at about the same time, but Ive got a nose out ahead of him. I hit 2nd gear, and hes dropped back to my side door. When I hit 3rd gear , hes about 2 cars back, and I'm still pullin on him. I hit 4th and hes fading....the road changes from 4 lanes to 2 lanes (one each way) and we come up on a slower car moving in our same direction. My "dumbass" stays in it, and I cross the hard yellow and pass around the slower car. He was about 4 cars back at the time, and just decides to stay behind the slower traffic. I get to the next stop sign, and the clutch is still on the floor (I'm pissed cause I just did the drill mod that day), and decide to pull over and pull the clutch up, and wait for the guy. He comes up, and pulls next to me. He rolls his wndow down. I realize its the neighbor from about 2 houses down from me. I did'nt recognize the car at first, and since we had never talked before now. We always just waved at each other. Probably the fact that he's mid 20's and I'm almost 40 has a lot to do with it also. I compliment his car; its a 2003 M3, silver, tinted glass, lowered, and has nice five spoke 19 inch wheels on it. (A little history: I really like M3s, and was seriously thinking about buying a used one when I was also looking for this car. But I realised, I couldnt afford to mod the M3 and also make the payments, so I stuck with my first love. Since I would have money left after the purchase of this car to play with) My neighbor says "Man thats a fast car, what is that a Trans Am? What kinda engine is in it?" I think: Ok, he really dosnt know much about American cars. Little snob! I say; No, its a SS Camaro! It has the LS1 engine! Now he has a blank look on his face. So I realize he's not being sarcastic, and explained its the same engine thats in Corvettes, but its a little slower (Smile)! Then he says, you caught me by surprise at the stop sign. I kinda smile, and say, Well you waited for me. I figured you were ready. Plus we moved almost the same time, so I dont feel bad. We talk a little more, and then he waves me over so I can go first in front of him, we drive over to our street and honk as we turned into the respective driveways. I think he got educated that night! Never talked to him again, and he put house up for sell about a month later.

Last edited by rob c; 08-29-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:54 AM
12 Second Club

You made poor guy sell the house... bastard!

JK, good kill
Old 08-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
You made poor guy sell the house... bastard!

JK, good kill
Old 08-28-2005, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLwNo3COBRA
My cousin wants to race me in his 2003 M3 6-speed. I have a M6 too with a lid, CB, and FTRA. He's stock! I know they have 333HP, but how will I do against him?? I'm thinking about betting him $50...

Drivers race..

But to the few ive raced its been cake(and yes i know i have little more power than them,but they picked the fight ) ..They hate getting out run by a little gt
Old 08-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Teching In

you should do fine unless you run into these BMW's

or
this car link to 12second run

and you Deffently dont want to run into this car

8.399 @ 164.9554104 mile/hour (mph)

and then also this one a SC CSL (or M3-lightweight if you will)
Old 08-29-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Or how about the M3 GTR road car with the V-8...
Old 08-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Teching In

you mean the GTR that cant seam to lose at any of the (parden the pun) GTP/PTG class races?
however that might soon come to a close. Audie is said to have the "BMW GTR killer," ready to roll out.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Or how about the M3 GTR road car with the V-8...
sorry for the duble post.
but damn man!
that is a 1972 car, with a 1972 engin! runing in the 8's !!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Wont matter to me.Tag it ,put street tires on,drive it on the highway then put it beside me..Im not scared.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rob c
Couple of months ago, I was coming home late one night from the gym (this was posted at the other LS1 site before I moved here, sorry if you read this over there) and I see lights coming up fast behind me as I exit off the freeway. As the car gets closer, I see the "O ring" headlights, and recognize its a BMW. Ive got heavy tint on the back window, so I couldnt see the whole outline of the car, but I figure its a M5 or a 7 series. Theres a couple of M5s, 7s, and a lot of other expensive stuff up here. We head up the long hill toward the homes, but I'm cruising at about 45 mph, so the BMW comes around me and briskly passed me. It was late, and I really wasnt in the mood, but as he passed me, he let off the gas and kinda drifted back so we're side by side, then he moves off again. When he's next to me, I look over and recognize the side vent on the front fender and see its an M3. Hes ahead of me, and we roll up to the midway point on the hill, and theres a stop sign. The M3 was just sitting there waiting, (he had been there about 10 seconds) Duh, at this time, I kinda wake up and clue in that maybe "Mr M3" is lookin for a run. I ease up next to him at the stop sign. Dont even look over at him.
We sit there dead even for a couple of seconds, but I say "**** it", and light up the tires across the intersection. He moves at about the same time, but Ive got a nose out ahead of him. I hit 2nd gear, and hes dropped back to my side door. When I hit 3rd gear , hes about 2 cars back, and I'm still pullin on him. I hit 4th and hes fading....the road changes from 4 lanes to 2 lanes (one each way) and we come up on a slower car moving in our same direction. My "dumbass" stays in it, and I cross the hard yellow and pass around the slower car. He was about 4 cars back at the time, and just decides to stay behind the slower traffic. I get to the next stop sign, and the clutch is still on the floor (I'm pissed cause I just did the drill mod that day), and decide to pull over and pull the clutch up, and wait for the guy. He comes up, and pulls next to me. He rolls his wndow down. I realize its the neighbor from about 2 houses down from me. I did'nt recognize the car at first, and since we had never talked before now. We always just waved at each other. Probably the fact that he's mid 20's and I'm almost 40 has a lot to do with it also. I compliment his car; its a 2003 M3, silver, tinted glass, lowered, and has nice five spoke 19 inch wheels on it. (A little history: I really like M3s, and was seriously thinking about buying a used one when I was also looking for this car. But I realised, I couldnt afford to mod the M3 and also make the payments, so I stuck with my first love. Since I would have money left after the purchase of this car to play with) My neighbor says "Man thats a fast car, what is that a Trans Am? What kinda engine is in it?" I think: Ok, he really dosnt know much about American cars. Little snob! I say; No, its a SS Camaro! It has the LS1 engine! Now he has a blank look on his face. So I realize he's not being sarcastic, and explained its the same engine thats in Corvettes, but its a little slower (Smile)! Then he says, you caught me by surprise at the stop sign. I kinda smile, and say, Well you waited for me. I figured you were ready. Plus we moved almost the same time, so I dont feel bad. We talk a little more, and then he waves me over so I can go first in front of him, we drive over to our street and honk as we turned into the respective driveways. I think he got educated that night! Never talked to him again, and he put house up for sell about a month later.

Recount of my M3 eexperience. That was a couple years ago. Now with the AFR heads installed. It would be "like watching your grandparents have sex", very very ugly! Course those guys mod their cars too....you just never know!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it's your own story but damn, 2 and a half years. Good story regardless.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

I did a 333hp M3 from a 35mph roll 3x when my car was stock + magnaflow and HPPG3, and pulled an even length enough to switch lanes each time, I would bet you would pull him if you know what you are doing. Whoa, just noticed how old that is.