its preseason! We beat the cowgirls when it counts
Old 08-27-2005, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a good game.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good game, I think both of the first strings looked sloppy though except for the one scoring drive from the boys.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Addict

man im glad im not a cowboys fan or I would be pissed if I had to play in their stadium. Today was the first time to see it in person and i was sad. the parking sucked. gift shops sucked. and most of all the people I sat with where rude as hell. Ive never treated or seen anyone treat vis. teams fans at relient like I was treated.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Texas Director

No biggie, just a meaningless pre-season win. I think the Cowboys will go 10-6 and make the playoffs. Hopefully the Texans will have a good year also. I think they'll finish 9-7 and have a shot at making the playoffs. I'm first and foremost a Cowboys fan, but I do like the Texans since they are from Texas.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

The texans will have a better record than the cowboys this year
Old 08-28-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wicked 98z
man im glad im not a cowboys fan or I would be pissed if I had to play in their stadium. Today was the first time to see it in person and i was sad. the parking sucked. gift shops sucked. and most of all the people I sat with where rude as hell. Ive never treated or seen anyone treat vis. teams fans at relient like I was treated.
THATS IS NO LIE!!!! Im a HUGE cowboys fan. Have been since I can remember. But my god they have the worst damn stadium in the world. Ive been to two games and I couldnt stand it. Both of the games were against the raiders to so the fans were even more insulting. The bathrooms were awful, the food overpriced (even for a sporting event), and the stadium itself was in poor shape. But thank god here in about 5 years they are getting a new stadium which looks great by the photos ive seen. Think its going to have a retractable roof "so God can look down on his team"......

Ohh and I dont think the texans are going to have a better record.........just my opinion flame on.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Texas Director

I have an honest question for the Houston Texans fans. Why is it that you guys hate the Cowboys? Both teams are from Texas. Personally, I like the Texans and I'm a Cowboys fan. I felt the same way about the Oilers. For some reason though most all of the Texans fans hate the Cowboys and I don't understand why. Not flaming here, but is it due to the overwhelming success that Dallas has had? Jealousy? What is it?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by mmiller
I have an honest question for the Houston Texans fans. Why is it that you guys hate the Cowboys? Both teams are from Texas. Personally, I like the Texans and I'm a Cowboys fan. I felt the same way about the Oilers. For some reason though most all of the Texans fans hate the Cowboys and I don't understand why. Not flaming here, but is it due to the overwhelming success that Dallas has had? Jealousy? What is it?

im stepping out on a limb here, i think it's because when it comes to sports houston hates dallas and vice versa. Houston Rockets/Dallas Mavs this season in the playoffs was a huge thing i noticed on this board, that got heated.

i've been a 49ers and chiefs fan for a long time. I hated the oilers and the cowboys. When the oilers, lost warren moon and there Defensive Q, i started to like them a bit and when they moved to tenn. i really liked watching Steve McNair. As for the texans i love watching them as a texas team. Still faithfull to the chiefs and niners, but the texans are ok in my book.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

Im still a titan fan.. go oilers
Old 08-29-2005, 06:51 AM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by wicked 98z
Im still a titan fan.. go oilers
I don't understand how ANYONE can be a fan of those carpet baggers who pulled up and left Texas for Tennessee. That would be like still being friends with your wife after she left you for someone else.

I HATE the Titans!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its all about the interstate rivalry
Old 08-29-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its funny... the whole Cowboys versus Texans rivalry is like the UT versus A&M rivalry. The better team (Cowboys/UT) doesn't really care about the rivalry, but the other side that always looses (Texans/A&M) carries the rivarlry on.

It's like having a retarded cousin at your family reunion... yeah he is part of the family, but everyone just kinda lets him drool on himself in the corner.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawgs
Its funny... the whole Cowboys versus Texans rivalry is like the UT versus A&M rivalry. The better team (Cowboys/UT) doesn't really care about the rivalry, but the other side that always looses (Texans/A&M) carries the rivarlry on.

Always loses? LMAO guess you have no clue about the Texans Vs Cowboys. The cowboys have only beat the texans 1 time and that was saturday! The texans have beat them twice! The only meeting in the regular season and then once last year in preseason!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by hawgs

It's like having a retarded cousin at your family reunion... yeah he is part of the family, but everyone just kinda lets him drool on himself in the corner.
Lol, thats a funny, but pretty good assessment of both rivalries.

bsherrill, the point you're not getting about the Texans hatred of the Cowboys is not the meaningless preseason games, or the one regular season game which the Texans won (no biggie). There really isn't a rivalry as far as the Cowboys fans go. Its the Texans fans who, like the aggys, are somewhat insecure and like to measure themselves against a superior squad. The fact is that the Cowboys and Longhorns are both wildly more successful than the old Oilers, Texans, and aggys probably ever will be, and thats tough for fans of those teams to swallow, thus the jealously and envy.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Because...I'm from HOUSTON! **** THE COWBOYS!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bsherrill
Always loses? LMAO guess you have no clue about the Texans Vs Cowboys. The cowboys have only beat the texans 1 time and that was saturday! The texans have beat them twice! The only meeting in the regular season and then once last year in preseason!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

I'am a Cowboys fan but would prefer that either team go to the super bowl.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bsherrill
Actually... the Cowboys murdered the Texans in 2003 34-6 so the record between the teams is 2-2, but I was talking about winning in general as opposed to winning games when they play each other.