Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

valvetrain geomtry ????

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default valvetrain geomtry ????

Got a question concerning how to find the right length pushrods after milling a set of heads are milling a block. Would it be safe to say that you can decrease the length of the pushrod too equal the amount that you milled the heads? Or should you just use a pushrod length checker and some solid lifters ( how do you know what lifters too use) to get the right distance?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:53 AM
FormerVendor

get a few light springs,dont worry about the lifters,I think there are detailed instructions on comp cams home page
Old 08-30-2005, 05:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by yobabiesdaddy2001
Got a question concerning how to find the right length pushrods after milling a set of heads are milling a block. Would it be safe to say that you can decrease the length of the pushrod too equal the amount that you milled the heads? Or should you just use a pushrod length checker and some solid lifters ( how do you know what lifters too use) to get the right distance?
IF you are still using your non-adjustable Yella Terra rockers, I would get the #1 piston to TDC, install 2 of your current pushrods, and use a dial indicator to see how much preload you are placing on your #1 intake and exhaust lifters (search the forum for correct preload values for your lifter). I would then determine my pushrod length based on those two measurements.

IF you are using adjustable rockers, yes, you need to use a pushrod checker and solid lifter to adjust the geometry using the "swipe" method (again search the forum). Once your pushrod length is determined, you adjust your rockers to set the correct preload.