Katrina Fund-raising idea

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 09:15 AM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katrina Fund-raising idea

How about we do a car meet/car show where each person pays like $10 to show their car. We will have a BBQ, and sell the food/drinks. This will be an event done by the car people of Houston for the car people. I am thinking of September 11th (Sunday) sometime from 5pm-9pm. 99% I can get the Hush parking lot for our use, it can hold 200 cars easy. BTW Hush is closed, they have nothing to do with this, other than providing us the parking lot. I am also posting this on the other main Houston forums, I would like to think that if everyone shows support for this, and if everyone comes and gives at least $10, then we will raise a lot of money. We helped out the Tsunami victims a few months ago, it is now time to help our own people out. I have seen some of the damage, and it is awful. Let me know if I have your support, if I see that we have enough, then I will make it official and post details.

Diolar Magnum posted this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/373450-texas-lets-help-our-fellow-americans-affected-hurricane-katrina.html

That is wonderful, thanks for doing that. I think that if we have a car meet/car show, more people might be willing to give money.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SAI
How about we do a car meet/car show where each person pays like $10 to show their car. We will have a BBQ, and sell the food/drinks. This will be an event done by the car people of Houston for the car people. I am thinking of September 11th (Sunday) sometime from 5pm-9pm. 99% I can get the Hush parking lot for our use, it can hold 200 cars easy. BTW Hush is closed, they have nothing to do with this, other than providing us the parking lot. I am also posting this on the other main Houston forums, I would like to think that if everyone shows support for this, and if everyone comes and gives at least $10, then we will raise a lot of money. We helped out the Tsunami victims a few months ago, it is now time to help our own people out. I have seen some of the damage, and it is awful. Let me know if I have your support, if I see that we have enough, then I will make it official and post details.

Diolar Magnum posted this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373450

That is wonderful, thanks for doing that. I think that if we have a car meet/car show, more people might be willing to give money.

Hey Guys we are working on something along these lines at LS1GTO.com as well and we were going to post on a few of the forums as well. We have some media contacts going to help us organize this if we can get space and a huge turn out. I have contacted the red cross already and we would love to have everybody on board.. We are in the organizing/planning stages right now but here is a link for you all to check out.. The car show idea is a few posts down and goes from there.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...172#post577172
Old 08-31-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would want to donate also, think this is a great idea.

JET
Old 08-31-2005, 10:35 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

count me in. I'll also talk to some others and let you know who is or is not coming.

Brad
Old 08-31-2005, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

Man if there is food and stuff that goes in my tummy, Im there. I will donate my money like that. I throw in some cash also, cant help to help others. If IM in town I will show. Have a trip planned to San Antonio so really dont know, but if that fails Im there.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Junkie

If the BCoD is running at that time, I'd be interested in coming out.

-Mike
Old 08-31-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im in,also i could get my stainless gas grill,and get done on some fa-gi-tas.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:33 PM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

I think one big car meet/show with many forums involved would be nice. and the most effective.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:59 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default when

so is there a final date when this will happen?

Originally Posted by SAI
I think one big car meet/show with many forums involved would be nice. and the most effective.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

Of course Im down............ Its good to know that we can always count on our neighbors for help when we need it the most......... Just let me know when and where.....
Old 09-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Teching In

I Down For It Too Me And Some Of My Friends
Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

A fellow board member in the forced induction forum lost his turbo TA and house. Member name Arkangel

Originally Posted by SAI

Diolar Magnum posted this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373450

Old 09-01-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why don't we donate directly to a member that has lost everything, rather than donating to red cross? Not that donating to red cross is a bad idea or anything. I just think we should help out fellow members 1st.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:48 AM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE
Why don't we donate directly to a member that has lost everything, rather than donating to red cross? Not that donating to red cross is a bad idea or anything. I just think we should help out fellow members 1st.
I think that this is also a good idea. I don't know what your guys thoughts are on it. Mine are mixed, if we donate to an organization our money is spread out, but if we donate to one person or family, then our money has more of an impact for them, and we are at least helping one family out. What are your thoughts? As far as date, I am thinking Sep. 10th