Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

remote lead on factory hu

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote lead on factory hu

ok so i was trying to hook up a sub on my 98 ss and so far it has failed and im guessing this is the problem becuase i dont know which one it is
Old 09-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

You don't say what kind of vehicle. The Camaro doesn't have a remote wire. Actually, the Firebird doesn't either but it has a power antenna wire that works the same way (it goes on and off with the head unit). It's the pink wire in the head unit harness.

All of the radio harness colors are listed in detail in the Frequently Asked Questions thread at the top of this forum.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
You don't say what kind of vehicle. The Camaro doesn't have a remote wire. Actually, the Firebird doesn't either but it has a power antenna wire that works the same way (it goes on and off with the head unit). It's the pink wire in the head unit harness.

All of the radio harness colors are listed in detail in the Frequently Asked Questions thread at the top of this forum.

the Camaro has the "female pin" (like the Firebirds) in the radio but no male pin in the "car harness"......just take a wire, strip it, and shove it in the open "pin hole" of the plug (thats actually what the dealership did when the installed my power antenna way back when the car was new )......

of better yet.....get an aftermarket head unit
Old 09-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Teching In

thanks for the help it went in perfect now

im working on getting an aftermarket hu but i need more power first and the sub and amp where free