Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last minute questions on Engine reassembly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Last minute questions on Engine reassembly?

I got my heads back finally, I went and bought a new LS2 Chain,03 Vette oil pump, and all new rockers. If anyone has been following my threads I have had alot a problems with my cam install. I could tell everything that has happened again but I really need to get out to the garage and get my ride running again. My questions are, since my car has been sitting over a month the piston tops and inside the cyclinders have started to get a light film of rust, I figured just clean that with some brake cleaner, Yes?, also I'm going to keep the stock lifters, feel that is okay,yes? Head install I bought ARP bolt kit. Going to use 10W30 and torque to 75lbs. Do I need to prime the oil pump? Like the Haynes Manuel tells you to. Going to tighten down the rockers on TDC Intake 1,3,4,5 & Exhaust 1,2,7,8 Then I'll rotate the crankshaft 360 Degrees and tightnen Intake 2,6,7,8 & Exhaust 3,4,5,6 All to 22lbs of torque, yes I've heard you do not have to do this because our cars have no valve adjustments, but I feel its not going to hurt anything. Also when I tightned down those rockers it seemed last time it took alot to get to 22lbs of torque. Is there any little secret I could use when doing these rockers? Wish me luck, I've spent alot more money than needed and alot of time on this project, if I can't get it going this time its gonna have to sit a long time. It's 11:15a.m. EST and I'm going out to the garage. Anymore input would be greatly appreaciated. I'll check back in later. Thanx.