Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

perplexing problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default perplexing problem

Ok guys I have a 99 Z28 and on it i have an ractronix pump -8 braided lines for the feed fast fuel rails lucas 42.5 injectors a universal efi adjustable fuel pressure regulator from full throttle, slp intake maf bbk 80mm throttle body headers and exhaust msd blaster coils irdium spark plugs and moroso low impedance wires. ok heres the problem i recently installed a fuel pressure gauge and its reading 12 psi, ( i took the one out when i changed my fuel pump), I know that its supposed to run at 58 psi but it runs and kicks over the only thing is that it dies or acts like its gonna die. ive changes both IAC valve TPS sensor and the EGR valve. the only thing i havent done is reprogram the pcm. now doin all that work did i create a weak point at my pcm, or is there somethin stupidly easy that i over looked or could it be more. what am i missin and if i reprogram with hp tuners will everythin come to life like it should or will i have to do more work to it. thanks for the help.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Please don't take offense but here are some things to check...
Did you get a carburator regulator?
What happens when you adjust the regulator, does the fuel pressure change?
Do have a return line off the regulator?
Are you using the right ports on the regulator? (Almost sounds like the return line is going to the rails and the pressure line is going back to the tank)
Old 09-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Teching In

no it was a universal efi regulator i dont have a return off the regualtor, and the return is coming off the rails and utilizing the stock fuel lines back to the tank. i assume that im using the right ports on the regulator but the reg didnt come with directions and it said it has a return but nothin comes outta that port