Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for DYNOTUNE or maybe someelse can help....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 05:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question for DYNOTUNE or maybe someelse can help....

I have 2 N20 noids (dual stage dry) one of them makes a VERY loud click when we are testing them and the other noid clicks kinda quiet.

Is there something wrong with the quiet one?

could it be a fuel Noid?

These are both Dynotune noids and one is a little smaller than the other (the quiet one is smaller by maybe a 1/4 inch)

We are trying to work out some bugs and thinking maybe this is a problem?

TIA.... Wayne
Old 09-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its only slightly smaller, than yes its probably a fuel noid. I assume its not marked also. FWIW my DT fuel solenoid test fired fine in the car, with fuel flowing, and nitrous with nitrous flowing. 2 hrs later at the race, fuel noid failed to open, and it sounded way quieter then the Nitrous one too! Luckily I avoided any damage to the engine, but found the hard way why some Solenoids are more costly....they are warrantied! Oh well, converting to dry.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Wayne,
If you have 2 noids and one is slightly smaller it is a fuel solonoid. Does it have red wires? If so it is a fuel solonoid. If you ran nitrous through it most likely you destroyed the plunger. They are meant to hold maybe 150 psi and no more if you ran nitrous through it at 1000 psi it is probably bad. Drop us an email and let us know we will help you out!
Cat3,
We replace any solonoid for free that fails due to workmanship - fortunately that is extremely rare. Typically solonoids that fail are due to contamination. Typically we charge $10 for the rebuild. But then most customers know we do not always charge them. But I guess we could charge $100's of dollars more for the kit and throw in a lifetime warranty.
Good luck with your rides guys!

Dean

Last edited by DynotuneN2O; 09-13-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Wayne,
If you have 2 noids and one is slightly smaller it is a fuel solonoid. Does it have red wires? If so it is a fuel solonoid. If you ran nitrous through it most likely you destroyed the plunger. They are meant to hold maybe 150 psi and no more if you ran nitrous through it at 1000 psi it is probably bad. Drop us an email and let us know we will help you out!
Cat3,
We replace any solonoid for free that fails due to workmanship - fortunately that is extremely rare. Typically solonoids that fail are due to contamination. Typically we charge $10 for the rebuild. But then most customers know we do not always charge them. But I guess we could charge $100's of dollars more for the kit and throw in a lifetime warranty.

Dean

Thanks Dean I'll get them off the car and out to you guys soon.

Thanks again,
Wayne
Old 09-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Wayne,
Cat3,

Dean
Not trying to post *****, so apology up front. Dean, I called immediately after my solenoid died and was told I had to eat shipping there and back, ok no problem, and at a minimum it would be $15 to check it and replace the plunger, but if anything else was wrong may have to replace the whole solenoid! I am sorry I cannot say who I talked to, as I was pretty upset about the whole thing. But I have the fuel noid, never officially been run sitting now in a drawer. Converting to dry now anyways. I did try to moddify the plunger spring at the track in an attempt to qualify for the race, but no luck. The plunger would slam open with the hat off, put it back on and it would barely move, several experienced nitrous users where trying to diagnose it also, best scenario we came up with was that the coil is weak, against 58psi it wouldnt let fuel pass, no contamination either. Sorry I didnt talk with you, as I had during planning and ordering, but its all good.

Charlie
Old 09-16-2005, 03:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Charlie(Cat3),
Damn... not sure who you spoke with but I apoligize. I dont blame you for being upset - I would have been to! I will PM you our address for returns. Send the fuel solonoid to my attention and we will repair it for you or replace it if required at no charge. Since your going dry its of no value but you can always sell it or if you want another of our products we can give you some sort of credit. Drop us an email or a pm and let us know!
Either way I do apoligize and best of luck with your ride!

Dean