Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would a narrow band work decently enough with an A/F gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would a narrow band work decently enough with an A/F gauge?

I just got a Dynotune LS1 wet kit that I'm looking to put on my '01 Z28. The fuel system and most of the engine is basically stock (suspension + rest of the car is heavily upgraded). I obviously don't want to blow up my engine if the fuel system fails or can't keep up for some reason. I'm eventually going to upgrade to a better intank fuel pump, but for now I was looking to run an A/F gauge to keep an eye on things. Would one work decently enough as a saftey device on a narrow band O2 sensor? I know it's useless for tuning purposes, but is it at least accurate enough to look at during a run and say "oh ****! time to back off"? I've done a search, but some people say that with a NBO2, an A/F is just a bunch of pretty lights, but others say that even though it's no WB02, it's still worth every penny. Just trying to see what the consenus is here.

In the future I'm going to get an LC-1, but for right now, I'd rather use that $200 for a bottle opener, bottle heater, BMN window switch, or a progressive controller.

For the record, I also have a FPSS and a fuel pressure gauge I would use in conjunction with the A/f.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:22 AM
10 Second Club

It is accurate enough to give you an idea what the car is doing. One saved my motor when I had a fuel solenoid swell shut. Get an A/F ratio gauge that gives you an actual number though, like the dynotune one.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, The narrow bands arnt very accurate but it saved me too when my secondaries got messed up
Old 09-19-2005, 11:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

They are all correct! They are pretty good in the lean range....
They are just not to accurate in the rich range. Good enough to let you know if something is going wrong!

www.dynotunenitrous.com

Cheers
Dan