Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Again With The Noises!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Again With The Noises!!!

So I'm out on a date last night, have the car parked laterally on a failry steep hilled parking lot so the cars sitting at around a 20-30° angle and the load is on the drivers side suspension. Well we get in the car and i put it in reverse a grinding like metal agianst metal clanking or something! I wasn't tinny like my catalytic converters when they fried on me, this was more scary

I have a feeling its my rear cuz i had some massive wheel hop today the ground was wet, i spun and traction control was on so it kicked in hard, the car hopped up (wheel hop) and then landed and spun again then grabbed. a few lil wheel hops and whatever.

you think i could have possibly fucked up my rear? what about suspension parts like the Torque Arm and its bushings, or the driveshaft or what? I really need to know
Could it possibly be torque converter as well? or would it most likely be a heat sheild?

The sound seems to be coming mostly from the rear end area, some say nearest the tank others ON THE MONEY the rear....and few have said in front of the rear please get back to me ASAP!

Thanks
Adam
Old 09-24-2005, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Could this also be due to my headers, my car tends to idle extremely low when in gear, and it gets that vibrating noise and the car kinda vibrates/shakes while im at lights, and prior to this sound thats what it does. The Idle is like barely @ 600 according to the needle, almost 500 on the line! The vibrating sound i get, well this is like LOUD and clanky vs the subtle "going to stall" noise.

Please let me know
Old 09-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Banned

Where you moving when it started to make this noise or were you just putting it into reverse?

CMC
Old 09-25-2005, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

once it goes into gear itll do it