Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head&cam install

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Head&cam install

i am ordering SLPs head and cam package 600hp and 90mm lsx intake along with 90mm throttle body with other misc engine stuff but i am wondering how hard it would be to install them myself i have acces to an engine puller and all that other good stuff but i would like to find somebody around the minneapolis area who knows what to do so i can call them with any questions if any one has any info related to this any help would be grately appreciated.

thanks
Old 09-29-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just finished my head/cam/intake install tonight! fired right up. did it all myself and it wasnt that bad. first off, there is no need for and engine lift, second...the fbody gets lifted off the engine, not the engine out of the car. but try this link, it really helped me out....step by step
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=2
Old 09-29-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cam install wasn't to bad, I did screw it up the first time, but the second time worked out great. This was my first cam install. Do it yourself, just make sure you ask lots of questions,feels great once the car fires up right, and the feeling of accomplishment knowing you did it is a great feeling.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

if u can do your bolt-on projects then "you can do it". just read as much as u can on "howto".

fuerzaws6