Ok guys which heads are better

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 03:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok guys which heads are better

Ok i have a choice for my new heads redline Stage II or lingenferter stage II

ball park price lingerferter are like 30 bucks more

My question is are the lingerferter heads better or is it just a name.I know some of you may post a better set of heads but my wallet says 1200 is the most i can spend with the other mods this winter that has to be done.

The local machine shop says they can do the same work for 600 using my factory heads...I'm so confused ellis you know the work R&q machine does in selah what is your take on them???
Old 10-02-2005, 04:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You mean Run & Quit? J/K

I dought they have the experiance to get the job you want done I am not saying there work is bad in any way but the dynamics of the GEN III are a bit different then the older stuff

LPE is a good name and has great quality and experiance backing them. you will get a dependable product for your money. I know nothing about the other brand you listed.

I would check into the TEA heads also
Old 10-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
Ok i have a choice for my new heads redline Stage II or lingenferter stage II

ball park price lingerferter are like 30 bucks more

My question is are the lingerferter heads better or is it just a name.I know some of you may post a better set of heads but my wallet says 1200 is the most i can spend with the other mods this winter that has to be done.

The local machine shop says they can do the same work for 600 using my factory heads...I'm so confused ellis you know the work R&q machine does in selah what is your take on them???
You can get stock valved heads from tea for 1000 bucks. Just search ebay for the stock ls6 valves too (sodium filled, lighter) to pick up a few more ponies and send em to tea.

Hell if you have valve springs already you can send them in with them and save 150 bucks.

Or if not running too big of a cam then you could probably do the PRC 2.5's pick up some compression and not have to worry p-v clearance.

Nate
Old 10-02-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TEA for my $$$
Old 10-02-2005, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

I have heard good things about TEA heads. Lingenfelter makes good stuff, but they are over priced IMO (tho in race cars you usually get what you pay for). Too bad you aren't over here. For $1200 Ellis's buddy Mike could do some nice things to your heads...
Old 10-02-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I have heard good things about TEA heads. Lingenfelter makes good stuff, but they are over priced IMO (tho in race cars you usually get what you pay for). Too bad you aren't over here. For $1200 Ellis's buddy Mike could do some nice things to your heads...
Now that is something to ponder taking the heads off and having ellis handle it.Ok does anybody have a quick link to TEA for me so i can look at em??
Old 10-02-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming to you from your local supplier of "quick" TEA links
Old 10-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Hello SlowpokeZ28.

If the choice is between Redline and Lingenfelter, definately Lingenfelter.

If you are interested I have a set of Stage II heads that I would sell for $1000.00. They have been used for 1200 miles. Selling as I upgraded the motor to a larger bore so I needed Stage IV heads.

If you are interested, PM me and I can send you all the specs.

Thanks, Perry
Old 10-02-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

TEA is what I have. Ask Ellis how it pulls
Old 10-02-2005, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6freak
TEA is what I have. Ask Ellis how it pulls
ehhhh. it pulls OK
Old 10-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Texas Speed PRC heads get my vote. Less money than TEA and they worked with me on pricing for all other parts. As far as quality they are every bit as good if not better than TEA. Either set and you wont go wrong, but Texas Speed was nicer on the wallet. Its tught to say which is better bewteen the two as the cars have different cams in them, which could be the real reason for the difference. Although it could be said the TSP/PRC heads are better as they allow a smaller cam to out pull the larger cam in tq and most of the way through the rpm range in hp as well. By about 20 ft#'s and hp. Everyone will tell you what they bought is best, I'm no different and I'm not trying to diss nicks car either. I just think the facts should be known. And the facts are that TEA heads arent any better than TSP/PRC heads but are more expensive. You also need gaskets and maybe lifters while you there, bolts, someone who works with you on pricing for those things should be counted for as well. TEA was very stand offish about their product and prices and wouldnt budge on anything with me Quote- "My product is superior and the price is the best." Texas Speed took 20% off of everything but maybe you know someone who can get the other stuff cheaper than retail.
ANd fo the money those lingenfelter zo6 cnc'd heads are good too! They dont come with the valve springs that the tea or tsp heads come with though. How good are z06 springs?

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 10-06-2005 at 05:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Ok guys which heads are better