Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble adjusting A4 shifter after converter install

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Trouble adjusting A4 shifter after converter install

we just finished up doing a TC install into a buddies Z28, its all back togther and we started it up to top off the tranny fluid and the shifter is all out of wack. initialy on start up while in park the wheels were turning and grinding aganist the park pin(it was making a nasty clicking noise). i have messed with it alittle now trying to adjust it by removing the plastic clip and sliding the cable around forward/back, is there a certian way to do it?
we have park and reverse, but no neutral its going P-R-OD-D-2-1-1 it feels like it has 5 forward gears. I guess its stuck between gears.
this is an '02 Z28, stock 4l60e with stock shifter and a 4,000 fuddle converter.

any help is appreciated, Thanks alot
Old 10-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://shbox.com/trans/A4_trans_linkage.html
Old 10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Restricted User

Are you sure you have it bolted to the right trans pan bolts? If not, then you wont get it right. There is no reason to have to adjust the cable from a TC Swap.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

I don't know, but I had my trans rebuilt, and had to adjust the cable also. But yeah, I agree, what changed to make you have to adjust it?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JasonK94Z
thanks alot thats was helpful.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
Are you sure you have it bolted to the right trans pan bolts? If not, then you wont get it right. There is no reason to have to adjust the cable from a TC Swap.
it is bolted up using the correct bolts in the pan. the linkage must be very close because it feels right on to me.with the car up in the air running it through the gears park is fine, as is reverse, OD, D, 2nd, 1st. but when you stick the selector in neutral and take your foot off the brake the wheels start spinning with a forward motion. i wouldnt think this is normal if it is i appoligize. my buddy just called and said off the jack stands the car dosnt move while in neutral, he reved it to the limitrer and it didnt move. every thing seems to be alright now, i was just worried.