Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Paging Robert........Vette Q?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 04:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paging Robert........Vette Q?

Hey man, where did you go to get your Z06 slave cylinder and how much are they? Just want to have my ducks in a row..................Thanks
Old 10-10-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the late models vettes, f-bods, Z06s use the same slave. Only diff is the fittings that go into slave (quick disconnect). My new one came with my Textralia clutch. GMpartsdirect.com is cheaper than a dealer.
Robert
Old 10-10-2005, 11:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
All the late models vettes, f-bods, Z06s use the same slave. Only diff is the fittings that go into slave (quick disconnect). My new one came with my Textralia clutch. GMpartsdirect.com is cheaper than a dealer.
Robert
Your clutch came with an aftermarket slave cylinder? Or was it the master cylinder? I have only found aftermarket slave cylinders for the F-body! But if there is a line I can swap to make it work, I would think an aftermarket or should I say performance slave would be the way to go.

However, I found a Z06 slave for $98 from one of the vendors over at corvetteforum.com! I want something that will handle my hard launches and not break........You know what I mean?

Old 10-11-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually the one that came with my Textralia was a f-body slave, just took fittings out of old z06 slave and put into f-bod slave. The old one had the bearing worn out, I didn't hear it or feel it but was a matter of time.
Robert