Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What is going on with my cltuch!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default What is going on with my cltuch!

Ok, so this is the second time this has happened. Both times it was during "spirited" driving conditions. The clutch pedal momentarily sticks just as I'm coming off of the pedal. Right about the point the clutch is fully engaged. It basically sticks then pops up to its normal height. Then, the pedal feels a a little soft.

Every gear shifts fine and I notice zero slippage. I have a Z06 clutch (could be an 01 - 02 f-body clutch, but I asked for a Z06 clutch when I bought it). Any way it has about 8000 miles on it with about 15 - 20 passes down the 1/4 mile without DRs or slicks. When I replaced the clutch I did the slave, throughout, pilot, and flywheel of course (all GM parts except the pilot which is a bronze bushing). Also, I had the tranny rebuilt at the same time, just cause it was free (Used and abused the carmax warranty - .

Anyway, I didn't do the master cylinder, could that be the problem? If not does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your fluid level and have you done the drill mod yet?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haven't done the drill mod, and I'll check the fluid tomorrow and let you know, thanks.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, checked my fluid and its about 1/4" - 3/8" below the fill line. Do you think that's the problem? I put fluid in it tomorrow, hopefully thats it.

Thanks