Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

senario question: what if it still happens after install?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question senario question: what if it still happens after install?

Ok, i had 2 misfires on my car a few months back after my cam swap back to stock. I think ive narrowed it down to the head gasket being blown..i think. the misses were on #5 and 7 so i changed out everything and it still did it :mad If after the new heads, cam, injectors and plugs it still does it, what could be the cause?? i know the plug wires are good so thats not the issue either....just wanna know what to do if this doesnt work out.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Launching!

what about the 2 coil packs on those cylinders. If it still misfires on those 2 try swapping the coils with 2 good ones from the other side and see what happens. Just a thought hope it helps.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

already done that too. swapped everything i could.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

anyone else?? Just wanna know what to expect if this doesnt work out.
Nino
Old 11-01-2005, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

the main thing you need to look at is the relationship between #5 and #7 (they are on the same bank and they are next to each other) you should start by doing a compression check and you will probably find that 5 and 7 seven are low it is probably a blown head gasket (when you swapped everything did you replace the head gaskets and head bolts?)
Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your doing WAYYYYYYYY to much work to try to get rid of a couple missfires.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does it have a constant miss of did the computer just log that it has happened. it its constant then you have a prob if the computer just threw a code and it still runs fine there is nothing wrong.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

nino- cross that bridge when you get there. You might go ahead and upgrade your lifters while you're in there. The Luniti hydraulic rollers are nice
Old 11-02-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

the swap hasnt been completed. I swapped the following and still had the misfires:
coilpacks
plugs
wires
injectors
check the valvesprings
retuned
and still had the misses. A friend thought it could've been the lifters, but i was also looking into the headgasket. while i didnt notice a huge leak, i did have my coolant go low once and noticed coolant on the kmember as well, but never thought anything of it. As of now, the car is at home with no heads or intake, waterpump, PS pump and the cam is gonna come out when i get back home in nov. Stuck on the damn ship out at sea again!!! i have new heads, new cam, new injectors, new lifters, and plugs. I sure as hell hope one of them corrects the problem.

Stutterer: After I swapped out my f10 back to the stock cam, the misfires began to happen. Before the swap, the car was still running like ****. Had no pull what so ever! O2's were reading lean cause there was a vaccum leak. Fixed the vaccum leak and then that threw my old tune off so I had to retune, but still no fix on my lack of power. Pushrods are straight. 7.4", stock rockers. I was at a loss for ideas on what else it could be. There was no compression on #7 and very very low compression on #5 cylinder.