Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny code, wtf

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny code, wtf

Hey guys what do you think this is, I was driving around today, and all of sudden the check engine light came on, gave it a little gas and felt like trans was slipping. Coasted to side of road in town, shut off car for about 15 secs, turned back on drove fine, light still was on. Scanned it with the preadator came up with code p0756(shift solenoid stuck off) car was driving fine, turned code off, drove it around for about an hour to see if it would come back on, did not. Did a mixture of city, freeway and even went wot for a couple of secs, did not miss a beat. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

I get that with my car every now and then only it's "shift solenoid B stuck open." I just earase the code if it happens. I think it has to do with having an after market torque converter, but I'm not 100% sure about that, just a thought.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i've had a similiar issue "shift solenoid A malfunction" it always got me real nervous, but i reset the pcm and its fine. The car never drives funny just get the code, its only happened twice. knock on wood it hasnt ment anything, one of my buddies had it happen and a week later his tranny blew up. Go figure
Old 11-03-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

did you just change converters. I did and got the p0757 code for the "selenoid stuck on" and lost several gears.. Its a code the pcm throws due to excessive slipping in the converter and locks you out of certain gears. If you shut the car off then turn it on its fine... Mine was a total code issue. If you just changed converters i would say you have the same problem and just need the code shut off, many experience this with a high stall as i found out, thought my trans was toast lol....