Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

PIAA 510 Driving light installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PIAA 510 Driving light installation

I just purchased this kit to replace my factory fog lights but I am having trouble removing the fog lights since they don't seem to fit trough the front holes in my 99 Trans-Am bumper and I can't remove them trough the back because of the reinforcement bar that is in the way.

Is there any way to remove the factory fog lights without having to remove my front bumper.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

Man, just keep on tugging is all i got to say, i had to replace mine,a nd probably after 2 hours of trying to force them out, i FINALLY got them out, its' an EXTREMELY tight squeeze, but they'll come out of the back, you just have to twist them the right way and the bumper the right way and they'll eventually come out. Good luck with it, cause i know it was extremely hard on mine.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

i took out the stock fog lights through the back, and the put the piaas in through the front. the piaas are smaller and go in easier through the front.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Well the factory fog lights are out thanks to youre advice , I just tilted them a little bit forward and then pushed the bumper hole a little bit down and they came right out.

Now I have to fix the braket up so the PIAA's fit in it, so far I am thinking of opening the side wings a little bit because the PIAA's two screws that hold the lens won't let the PIAA's fall into place. Then I will have to straighten the bend in the bracket where the factory adjustment screw was in and elongate the hole or I could drill a new hole a little bit lower in the bend.

What did you guys do to make the PIAA's fit in the braket?

Blazingws6kush how did you get the PIAA's in trough the front since the bracket is too big to fit in trough the bumper hole? Did you cut the bracket?
Old 11-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

drilled the hole bigger with a dremel. i dont know how i did it but i just put them in through the front. i found out how to install them by searching on this site and installuniversity.com. u have to flatten the bracket so the piaas are flush with the bracket.

Quick Reply: PIAA 510 Driving light installation