Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ETP and solid lifters

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:03 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default ETP and solid lifters

Has anyone mocked up a set of ETP heads and a solid valvetrain? I don't know if I assumed that since the valve cover mounts were .75" taller that you could eliminate the need for the spacer or I read it but it doesnt look like you can run a solid cam + Jesel without a spacer. Just speculation at this point.
Phil
Old 11-17-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would assume that since the valves/springs/pedestals used in these heads are longer, that they went ahead and made sure there was enough clearence by adding in the taller mounts. Since everything is taller, I would say that you would still need spacers.This is speculation since I haven't recieved my heads yet. You seem to be one of the few that have gotten a set.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:32 PM
7 Second Club

I am thinking the same thing. Honestly something tells me that there is no way its gonna clear. I measured stock heads, valve cover mount to pedastal mount and the ETP had a shorter distance meaning less clearance. Its fine just need to know if spacers are needed.
Phil
Old 11-18-2005, 07:29 AM
DTC
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a set of et 215 heads on my 04 z06 with stock rockers and had to put 1/2 inch spacers to get to clear covers. the rockers were about 1/8 to 3/16 to high for covers to clear. hope this helps
Old 11-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default spacers

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
I am thinking the same thing. Honestly something tells me that there is no way its gonna clear. I measured stock heads, valve cover mount to pedastal mount and the ETP had a shorter distance meaning less clearance. Its fine just need to know if spacers are needed.
Phil
Phil,

unfortunately you will need spacers, we are correcting this issue in our tooling right now, this was an oops on our part. We are now going to make spacers for all the ones we have now. sorry that you ran into this. we had some other small issues with bolt depths on the alternator holes, they require grinding the bullet off the end and the water vents need a 1/16 washer, but we fixed these early, you may not have that issue. With all the added features, we missed some of the basics. All fixed now. We used one length valve to cover solid and hyd roller cams, that used up our extra clearance.

thanks,
cary
Old 11-18-2005, 10:17 AM
7 Second Club

Cary,
No, need to apologize, if thats the only drawback to these heads, its fine with me.
Phil