Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Hanger Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Hanger Question?

I have a 98 Ws6 that already had a flowmaster exhaust on it. Anyways I changed to LTs with a SLP loudmouth but I dont know what hanger I am missing to hold the system up. It has these bolt holes on the Loudmouth system that bolt up to something just behind the rear end axle on the passenger side. Does anyone have a picture, part number or anything on what I am lloking for?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:47 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

The only hanger on the passenger side anywhere near the axle would be the one that goes into an insulator that bolts to the frame. The insulator (which is held to the car's frame with two bolts) is a metal framed object with a rubber bushing in it that has a hole in the middle for the hanger to go through. On the flowmaster system, that hanger is not reused because the over-the-axle pipe from FM has it built in, so all you do is slip it through the insulator. But you need that part for the SLP LM system.

Now the question is, are you just missing the actual hanger or the insulator as well? Not sure why the insulator would be missing though, it's still needed even for the Flowmaster system you are replacing.

If you go to a GM dealer they can pull up an exhaust diagram and get you what you need. Basically, for the passenger side, the hanger assembly is two pieces, one part bolts to the frame and the other bolts to the exhaust. Sorry, I don't have any pics.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I have the insulator still bolted up there, so I'll probably have to contact my dealer to find that piece that slides into there.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Ta9864dodge
Thanks, I have the insulator still bolted up there, so I'll probably have to contact my dealer to find that piece that slides into there.
Yep, if you've got the insulator still bolted to the frame all you need is the actual hanger that slides in (and bolts to the exhaust), I had to replace one once, on a friend's car. I wish I had a part number for you but that was a long time ago. But the dealer was able to use that diagram to find the P/N for me and as I recall that part was not expensive at all.

Good luck.